Go for a street look or keep the off-road look? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Go for a street look or keep the off-road look?

You live in the offroad Mecca of the US. Offroad all the way... See ya in Moab:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where are you going to drive it? Sure the bull-bar gives it an "off-road" look, but it's really pretty worthless off-road.

With those mountains in the background, I'd go not with an off-road "look", but actual functional off-road setup.

Well of course if I make it a street look I will make it a power house. If I go for off road I still will put some power into it, but I will do a lift and a few other things. Especially get a set of tow hooks on there. So either way with looks I will make it functional that way.

Id say off road look but i'm biased like that:D

nate, offroad man. lol

Off Road look all the way Nate!

ExplorerImports;
I got the grilles off of Ebay motors. It was the cheapest ones on there; I eventually got tired of the chrome color when everything was blacked out and painted it black. PM me if you want links to the company I bought em from.

I'd say do what Tylers02 is doing, a hybrid:D He has a street type look and all, runnng 18's(I think) with Nitto all-terrians. He can corner better than stock, yet still go off-road should he needs to.

Maybe its because I'm a poor man but I wouldnt wanna beat on a pretty truck like that, than again I'm a first gen guy so i would say with the cost for the mods on a newer explorer you could get close to the cost of buying a first gen toy and modding it while keeping this one as a sick street truck

As you all may know I am redoing my explorer and who knows....could it be a different one? ;) EDIT: or better yet could it even be an explorer, or is it this tan one...

hmm...... now its just a complete mystery!! could it be your 2nd gen ex come back to life? i cant wait to see what it is!

hmm...... now its just a complete mystery!! could it be your 2nd gen ex come back to life? i cant wait to see what it is!

I said I was changing the look, so could that mean I'm going for a stock look....Maybe I'm going for a lift or lowering kit. Hmm.... ;)

:popcorn::popcorn: time to sit back and watch this unfold! :D

Registry will have updates.

thats what i meant, sorry :thumbsup:

Back