• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Going Down About 2" with a Rake - Questions

coupenut

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer XLT
Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

torqlox

Reaction score
City, State
Cape Coral, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' Mounty V8
2" Drop with no wedge. Vibration from 60mph and upwards. Vibration is a lot worst when vehicle is loaded. Suggestions???

Limited02

Reaction score
City, State
Gardner, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Limited V8
2" Drop with no wedge. Vibration from 60mph and upwards. Vibration is a lot worst when vehicle is loaded. Suggestions???
I bet it has something to do with your rear pinion angle being off.

torqlox

Reaction score
City, State
Cape Coral, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' Mounty V8
I bet it has something to do with your rear pinion angle being off.
In this particular situation, do I have to angle the pinion up, or down? Or is it different in every case?

Limited02

Reaction score
City, State
Gardner, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Limited V8
In this particular situation, do I have to angle the pinion up, or down? Or is it different in every case?
Turdle or Techieman33 would have a better chance helping you than I would. I noticed in another thread you have new 20" wheels. Did the vibration exist before the wheels or after?

torqlox

Reaction score
City, State
Cape Coral, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' Mounty V8
Turdle or Techieman33 would have a better chance helping you than I would. I noticed in another thread you have new 20" wheels. Did the vibration exist before the wheels or after?
The vibration always existed, although at different intensities depending on which blocks I was u

torqlox

Reaction score
City, State
Cape Coral, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' Mounty V8
The vibration always existed, although at different intensities depending on which blocks I was using at the time. So far the setup that has worked best is 2" angled blocks with the smaller wedge facing the rear of the vehicle. I tell ya, my truck is weird...:confused:

coupenut

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer XLT
You are not the only one with this issue. I am still going through it also. Not so weird.