Going Down About 2" with a Rake - Questions | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Going Down About 2" with a Rake - Questions

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2" Drop with no wedge. Vibration from 60mph and upwards. Vibration is a lot worst when vehicle is loaded. Suggestions???
IMG_20130906_073817.jpg

2" Drop with no wedge. Vibration from 60mph and upwards. Vibration is a lot worst when vehicle is loaded. Suggestions???
IMG_20130906_073817.jpg

I bet it has something to do with your rear pinion angle being off.

I bet it has something to do with your rear pinion angle being off.

In this particular situation, do I have to angle the pinion up, or down? Or is it different in every case?

In this particular situation, do I have to angle the pinion up, or down? Or is it different in every case?

Turdle or Techieman33 would have a better chance helping you than I would. I noticed in another thread you have new 20" wheels. Did the vibration exist before the wheels or after?

Turdle or Techieman33 would have a better chance helping you than I would. I noticed in another thread you have new 20" wheels. Did the vibration exist before the wheels or after?

The vibration always existed, although at different intensities depending on which blocks I was u

The vibration always existed, although at different intensities depending on which blocks I was using at the time. So far the setup that has worked best is 2" angled blocks with the smaller wedge facing the rear of the vehicle. I tell ya, my truck is weird...:confused:

You are not the only one with this issue. I am still going through it also. Not so weird.

Back