• Register Today It's free!

Going for 2017 Sport, have X-Plan

Pacochu

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
The wifey's CX-9 is getting a bit long in the tooth and she seems to have her heart set on an Explorer Sport. She wants it in black (lucky me, the detailer) with second row buckets and without the moonroof. She does qualify for X-Plan (Hooray Alcoa) and I have the info need to get the PIN, etc.

My question is is X-Plan the best way to go? Finding one in inventory to match her needs is tough as they all seem to have the $1,500 moonroof that she could care less about. I'm not big on negotiating and pretty much stick to emailing different dealers to get the best price. We are in the Houston area,

Thanks for any help you can offer. She is getting itchy for a vehicle and put me in charge of finding something for her.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The wifey's CX-9 is getting a bit long int eh tooth and she seems to have her heart set on an Explorer Sport. She wants it in black (lucky me, the detailer) with second row buckets and without the moonroof. She does qualify for X-Plan (Hooray Alcoa) and I have the info need to get the PIN, etc.

My question is is X-Plan the best way to go? Finding one in inventory to match her needs is tough as they all seem to have the $1,500 moonroof that she could care less about. I'm not big on negotiating and pretty much stick to emailing different dealers to get the best price. We are in the Houston area,

Thanks for any help you can offer. She is getting itchy for a vehicle and put me in charge of finding something for her.
Same deal - eligible for X plan, dealer gave me price @$100 over invoice. I told him I thought that was high and without a blink he offered $400 under invoice - 2017 Platinum. Took it home last Friday.

Mine was ordered at $500.00 under invoice plus any available incentives available. Hell, I didn't even ask, my salesman who I've bought several cars and trucks from over time offered that number.

Sounds good. We test drove on Saturday, so now it's a matter of collecting offers. She has a very specific build in mind, so with luck we'll get one next weekend.

Same deal - eligible for X plan, dealer gave me price @$100 over invoice. I told him I thought that was high and without a blink he offered $400 under invoice - 2017 Platinum. Took it home last Friday.
Hello, we are looking for similar models, but I'm pretty new in buying cars and such. When you said $400 under invoice, does it mean the out door price or the price pre-tax and fee?

Hello, we are looking for similar models, but I'm pretty new in buying cars and such. When you said $400 under invoice, does it mean the out door price or the price pre-tax and fee?
That was the price before tax and license.

Back