Going for show. I need help on a low budget. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Going for show. I need help on a low budget.

E-rok '95 eddie

Reaction score
City, State
washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Eddie Bauer 4WD
I own a '95 Eddie Bauer that I intend on lifting and would like to sit on 35s, I assume I'll have to settle with 33s considering the height I'm going for (aprox 3''-5'') which is fine, but it all depends on the price/work involved to get there, 35'' tires w/ no rub would be my goal... but I will not chop up the body, fenders, wheel wells, etc. to accommodate.. no more than 5.5'' lift and as cheap as possible as this is my daily driver, i don't take this one off road so I'm only going for the looks.. and no, a body lift is not an option.. all work will be done in a driveway or a relatives garage with limited supply of tools and time (floor jacks, some air tools and most the basic hand tools are accessible) any information or links to cheap parts would be appreciated.. thx -Erok

Since you are on a low budget, I recommend keeping it a is, unless you want to replace 150.00 hubs every 6-8 months. Even 33's will wear ball joints, hubs and tie rods like candy.

I'd hate to see you throw down 1500 for some wheels and tires, then cheap out when it comes to maintaining it.

Since a body lift is not an option, all you have left is a superlift 4" ( $1600) or dixon brothers 5"( $5500) lift. New ball joints would also be recommended because you will be changing their wear area when you do the added TT to get anoth 1 1/2 ".

It doesn't matter if you are staying on the street or not, you should also get stronger tie rods ( inner and outer) to help with the greater torsion load the wider, larger tires will create.

Back