• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

going for the gusto...

fordkrazy

Reaction score
City, State
Plantation FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt 4x2
just start off by removing the adjuster screws and see where you are at from there. you may not need to do the flip if you like where it sits after the screws are out....every vehicle is different so just try it and see where it gets you....good luck

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

timbo2001

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
Guys,

Sorry to just jump in the post at the last minute, but i have a few questions...I have a 2001 X Sport 4x4...can I lower this a few inches, and if so, what negative impact can or will it have on the 4 wheel drive operation?? ANy info or how to's would be great, thanx.....

:confused:

tribal

Reaction score
City, State
Leeds, Yorkshire
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 v6
is it ok to remove the torsion bar adjuster bolts completely? is there enough support for the adjuster with the bolts out?

Godfather 1138

Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 4.0
Been away for awhile b/c I been without the net...but now I'm back.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I am selling Project X. Details can be found in the For Sale section.

It's been fun, but I have bills to pay and new projects to buy.

platnumized02

Reaction score
City, State
Miami, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 explorer sport
rear end dropp

How did you dropp the rear end so fast

RvExplorerRV

Reaction score
City, State
South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Explorer Sport
I've had my 2000 explorer sport since.....well since it was released. I was looking around here for info about how to lower it. I have already taken out my torsion bars and got about three inches in the front. Now i am looking for an inexpensive to put it to the ground. I know it was probly disscussed earlier but please if some would tell me agian.

fordkrazy

Reaction score
City, State
Plantation FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt 4x2
are you sure you took out the torsion bars? or the adjuster bolts....i wouldnt recommend taking out the bars unless you beef up the springs....that supports about 20% or more of the weight of the front end....
as for putting it on the ground....you will want to bag it to do that and its not inexpensive.

XxX_Sport_XxX

Reaction score
City, State
Baytown,Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
I wanna lower my truck 3 - 4 inches.... ANy rub ?

XxX_Sport_XxX

Reaction score
City, State
Baytown,Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
Damit your rims are clean, What are they..? Can you give me a link.. ?

90 xlt

Reaction score
City, State
Bend, Or
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer xlt 4x4
Ive been searching for info on lowering my 91 4x4. Can someone tell me whats needed for the rear and the front? I found a post that said it could be done two inches but didnt say what parts are needed. Please help me!

90 xlt

Reaction score
City, State
Bend, Or
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer xlt 4x4
Ok searched more and so I use 2'' drop blocks in rear and 2" drop coil springs in front. My question is are the 2'' drop springs useable in 91-9? just want to know what to buy and from where. What brand has them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Coke734

Reaction score
City, State
Just outside Detroit, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer Sport
Okay, I've got all the info I need for lowering my X (99 Sport) from this thread. I only have one question more: I looked at the rear (single) leaf and there seems to already be a lowering block in there! I bought my X used, so I don't know if the prior owner fiddled with it, but did anyone else's X have something between the leaf and the rest? It looks more like 4 small (~1/4" to 1/2") blocks rather than one big block.

I want to get about 2" lower, should I get a three or four inch block and take out the stuff thats already there or a two inch block and leave it?

PLEASE HELP ME :D