• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Going out of my mind

bgt20enterprisesllc

Reaction score
City, State
Abington ma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford explorer Eddie.
Thank you for accepting my request to join the group. I have a 2006 explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0. had some issues with overheating but those all squared away with a new clutch fan. So wife is driving the car two days later she calls me he said it was running great all of a sudden I have no throttle and it is running rough. So I hooked up my Snap-On scanner to it and it came up with TPS sensor code throttle motor code and accelerated pedal code. I replaced the gps. Once again vehicle running great 2 hours later I get a phone call it's doing the same thing again. Put the scanner back on same thing. Place the throttle motor. History repeated itself. Last but not least I replaced the accelerator pedal. All codes cleared. Once again runs great for a little bit. I am noticing that once the truck starts to get to operating temperature this is when it starts acting up. Was so frustrated let it sit overnight when outside the next morning started it out no codes no check engine light ran unbelievably well. Until it got warm. Sorry about the long post but I need help help

Mr. Alligator

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT Explorer
Have you checked fuel pressure at the fuel rail? Maybe fuel pump…

Good luck with this!