Going Radical..Hopefully done by next Truckhaven | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Going Radical..Hopefully done by next Truckhaven

Gopher

Reaction score
City, State
Westminster/Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 2wd
I've been talking to Camburg here in huntington beach about lifting my truck. They have custom beams for rangers giving them a 7 inch lift and each beam is 3 inches longer on each side. I already have a 4 inch lift from fabtech, but i'm not real hot on the drop down brackets. I'd prefer to have longer beams then have the brackets. So i'm gonna be working and saving all summer to try and get my new beams. I'll probably do a spring over in the rear. They have to custom make them so i can have them as big as i want(being practical). I think extending them 3 inches each side would be good. Why does everything cost $$$.. hehe. need to get some sponsers or something. Well i just had let ya know. Are we going to try and have truckhaven be an annual thing?

------------------
Brian
94 2wd
4" Fabtech Lift
265/75/16
Flowmaster 2 chamber 2.25"
KKM intake
Clears all the way around
4.11 gears w/Auburn posi

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As far as I know it is an annual event.

Is this Camburg Engineering a Offroad Performance type place? or is it a machine shop?

Do you think they could do a lift for a '95+

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD 5spd
Warrior Twist
www.explorer4x4.com/thaven_juan.jpg

Hey Brian glad to see the build up of the Explorer has been going good, I see my 3.73 gears didn't last you long! heh heh.

Felsman, has anyone from PIAA called you about your 9007's yet?

------------------
Matt Adams
94 Explorer 4-door nick-named "Tippy"
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/madams/

Matt..the gears didnt last to long. I started looking a little closer at what i was planning on doing with the truck and then decided to go with the 4.11. I also went with an auburn rearend too. I was going to to go with the pro but the guy at the shop told me that from their experiance the pro wears out quicker, so i went with the regular auburn. i love the 4.11, BUT my highway speed has gone down..well sorta i cant stand to go slow so i can do 75 but my mileage is about 14 mpg. =) I'm thinking about going with a 33 for street to give me the added height to lower the rpm some and keep the 31 for offroad purposes. This stuff is addicting in a good sorta way. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Brian
94 2wd
4" Fabtech Lift
265/75/16
KKM intake
4.11 gears w/Auburn posi

Yes, there will be a Truckhaven event early in 2001. The date has yet to be confirmed. It will most likely be late in January or early in February.

I sure would like to see 50+ Explorers and Navajos out there this year!

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
www.4x4central.com
Ricks Explorer

Brian, how about that shop?

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD 5spd
Warrior Twist
www.explorer4x4.com/thaven_juan.jpg

Juan,
its a full offroad shop. If you have the money they can make a lift for you. There located on slater just before gothard. I'm going to go with them over fabtech. There more willing to work with me and alot more friendly. Heres there info:

Camburg Engineering
7501 Slater ave Unit E.
Huntington Beach, CA
714-848-8880 www.camburg.com

Rick,
I hope its all right that i posted that. If its not just let me know or just erase it.

------------------
Brian
94 2wd
4" Fabtech Lift
265/75/16
KKM intake
4.11 gears w/Auburn posi

Brian,

Just curious, I sent FabTech and email about a lift for my '92 and they indicated that they didn't have anything for it. I thought the '91-94 trucks were all the same? How did you get your lift from them?

The camburg stuff looks enticing...

------------------
David Cider
'92 Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0L 4Dr 4...

Current Mods:
JBA silver ceramic headers, hi flo cat, Thrush muffler, KKM Air intake, SuperChip, Magnacor wires and Motorcraft Double Platnum plugs

Pending Mods:
4" to 6" Suspension Lift, Tires & Wheels, Euro Guard bumper and Warn winch, rear tire rack w/gas can provisions, screw supercharger and high flow heads...

i have a 2wd. I dont think they have a kit for the 4x4. Which is what you have i think. If i had 4x4 i would go with the superlift 5.5 lift. Its alot less expensive then my kit or about. I think mainly because theres more demand for them for the 4wd instead of 2wd. Check out the superlift for you. Thats what alot of guys are running and it does well offroad.

------------------
Brian
94 2wd
4" Fabtech Lift
265/75/16
KKM intake
4.11 gears w/Auburn posi

Brian-

About Camburg, try looking for other places before you go there, their design and welds aren't the best. I know this because I seen a lot of their work, actually a couple of my friends have some of their work on his Toyota and I wouldn't recomend them to anyone. Check out that place on Beach and Katella The Baja Shop. They do much better work and they might even be cheaper than Camburg. E-mail me if you want their number before you just go over there. F150chstrk@aol.com. Check it out before you spend that kind of money on something that might cost you more in the long run.

Colin "Fenderguy" Ignacio

Brian-

About Camburg, try looking for other places before you go there, their design and welds aren't the best. I know this because I seen a lot of their work, actually a couple of my friends have some of their work on his Toyota and I wouldn't recomend them to anyone. Check out that place on Beach and Katella The Baja Shop. They do much better work and they might even be cheaper than Camburg. E-mail me if you want their number before you just go over there. F150chstrk@aol.com. Check it out before you spend that kind of money on something that might cost you more in the long run.

Colin "Fenderguy" Ignacio

well i'll go with the other people i have been talking to. I'll check out the baja shop, but i'll also talk to donahue racing.
Colin,
Have you heard anything about Donahue? Seems that they do good work.
Thanks
Brian

------------------
Brian
94 2wd
4" Fabtech Lift
265/75/16

Back