going to hollister hills, weekend of may 12th | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

going to hollister hills, weekend of may 12th

tdavis

Linux Guru, Jack of All Trades
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pinole, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F250/XLT Superduty
Callsign
KG6MAX
I'm going down to hollister hills, to check a few things out on my truck (the OME springs in the rear... and play in the rocks)

see http://www.hollisterhills.com for information on the OHV park.

I can go saturday, or sunday. If you want come along, let me know what day you can come on down. We will meet at the ranger station, about 10am.

Rain or shine, I'll be there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I might be able to make it out if I can fix that leak in my front end. I won't have it fixed till that friday night before so I won't be able to give you a definante till then. If I end up going you mind if I invite a CJ7 as well he is locked front rear with 35's. I will let you know friday night.

ok tom,all is clear ill be there...i just tuned up the truck and its ready.i still need to check a few things out also,you bringing your saw?????? may need to trim the inner fender also check the brake lines.see ya later dudes

RockRanger - no problems. Like I said, I'm going to try and twist things up, so I can see what I need to work on.

Anthony - hey, whatever happened to the coil spacers?

What days guys? Saturday?

Saturday is the only day I could possibly do. I'll let you know when it gets closer

Matt

tom,i cant seem to get ahold of him yet i knock on his door but never home.so i ll try him at work.i will know for sure bye saturday.oh yea saturday is great for me......or i,ll call soon as i know somthin..see ya

hey guys, i guess some of you heard that i totalled my X? well anyways, i was wonderering i i could go and bring a friend with a 66 bronco and 33 bfg at tires? i am not sure though, he may be busy

Jim, jim, jim.. what are we going to do about you? I don't remember saying it's an explorer only event..

anthony - thanks for trying! Let me know.

Everyone - saturday, may 12th, 10am, ranger station. if your running late, we will probably be playing at the obstacle course.

see you all there!

Well, I got a phone call this afternoon..

The truck won't be ready. Chances are, it won't be ready for awhile. They broke a d35 bearing cap, and they said it's a matched set (caps, and housing!).

If that's true, I'm cutting the whole damn front TTB off and replacing it with a d44.

Grrrrr..

So, I will be out looking for f150's and EB's for a good front end.

Sorry guys.

That sucks sorry to here that tom. Did they break the ARB also? If you get a 44 front that will be sweet. Nothing like building the truck a few times.

Matt

so are we still on?

10 am , ranger station?

I am still planning on being out there. I am meeting a guy with a locked up jeep. I think we might be running tanktrap depending on how deep the water is. We also may do the mini rubicon as well. Jim if you remember all the dents on my drivers side it is from the last time I went out with him. So if you join us plan on a few dents. We are meeting at 10:00 at the ranger station. I'm just warning you if you end up joining us be ready for a challange and some damage.

Matt

Hey im gonna be up there but a little bit later @ 11:30AM with some friends. I bent my brush guard a tad at the top of stair climb last time and got a scratch from a black diamond trail the name i forget.. No big deal ... but hehe i dont want any body damage just yet hehe..the trip was alot of fun last time. we will be doing more trails this time..

OK i see what you guys mean now. I was Mr body damage today! :rolleyes: brushguard or no brush guard the plastic bumper took it pretty hard on bonanza (gully) gultch. Ill see if I can post some pics later. Maybe even some video of me crunching the bumper..oh well hehe Hollister is just too fun.....

Yeah I managed to do a liitle body modification when I was out. Trashed my front bumper, smashed my passenger fender also dented hood and cracked the grill, hook on the bed to hold stuff broke off on a tree. I also added a few new dents to the bed and a few cracks in the fiberglass shell. The group I was in had 2 toys roll and the cj with us broke a tierod end. Had it fixed in about an hour. I will have pics later in the week.

Matt

Back