Going to look at a 2000 Limited tomorrow! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Going to look at a 2000 Limited tomorrow!

BrianDye

I'll have another...
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT
I found one I really want! Its a 2000 pearl white Limited, with my favorite interior, the dark gray leather. Its fully loaded - a sunroof which is no biggie, I think that this will be the first car ive owned without one besides my first taurus.

Its only got 139k, says it runs like a champ, shifts very smoothly, new brakes, towing package, im waiting on some more past information (Maintinence, any problems etc) and hopefully going to check it out tomorrow. Hes asking 3400$ which seems pretty reasonable, but I wont have the money until I sell my car, which I have a few people lined up to check it out when im finished on a few more interior pieces.

Hopefully this one drives and runs as good as it looks! Ill try to post some pics of it after work, wish me luck guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds nice. Price is a little high for my taste but 139k is nothing. I'd probably pay $2500 for it.

Yea thats what I was wondering too, maybe some price opinions, around here someone would post this for 1500$ and then another guy would post it for 8000$.

Theres actually an 03 XLT on CL posted for $11,500!

Bone stock!

I might just offer him about 2800 and go from there.

3ka3m33le5Y05Z65W2aa14c4e00e9f5111b82.jpg

3m83p13l05T65Z55W5aa1116b9610784e171a.jpg

Looks like it may need some leaf spring work, but ill be lowering it anyways soon, so no biggie, im up for working on something new

It's a damn nice truck. There's just too many of them to pay that much for one. Even after CFC they are still all over the place. If gas went up (which it has here) that'll only help you.

Nice Limited, thats my favorite interior too..You can probably get it for $3k but i would not pass it up for his asking price. A v8 Limited in great condition with that color interior is well worth it!

It does look very nice and in good shape. Here in WI the 2nd gens are not near as common as they were 5 or even 2 years and many that are still running around are looking more and more clapped with each season that passes.
I don't know if its culling of the heard or survival of the fittest but I'm seeing less and less V6's with mostly V8's remaining. Many have nasty exhaust leaks.
Anything not loaded with rust, bald tires and being somewhat presentable commands at least 3 to 4 if not 5 grand here. Especially with winter on the horizon.

That year Limited doesn't have rear air bags ?

It does have a moonroof or it doesn't ? Love pearl cars mostly Lincolns myself but thats as nice as most Lincolns and 5.0 AWD. :thumbsup:

Im not the biggest fan of the color, however I like that on an explorer better than plain old white.

But no, theres no sunroof which really sucks, but hey no biggie.

But yea thats what makes me feel better too about driving an Explorer, is that I see SO many of them, in good shape or not, it just proves you can put these things through hell and back, but I will have to agree with your V8 statement, im seeing a TON more of those now after CFC.

I am going to look at it tomorrow around 1 or 2 and im only gonna have about 2600$ but money talks ya know :D

Back