Going to look at a double SAS'd 3rd gen | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Going to look at a double SAS'd 3rd gen

Man I keep reading this, and really as me thinking about doing a SAS on the explorer. I am catching myself looking on craigslist checking the price of axles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man I keep reading this, and really as me thinking about doing a SAS on the explorer. I am catching myself looking on craigslist checking the price of axles.

Do it, just make it a lot better than this.

Did you get anymore pics of the front. You said that you had some but they were disappointing. I'd still like to see them out of curiosity.

I think if you are serious about doing a SAS then you might want to look into doing this:

sdfbdsbsd.jpg

It looks like (from the pics Nate gave us) the solid axle, when flexing, will rub or smack the rear crossmember.

I think if you are serious about doing a SAS then you might want to look into doing this:

sdfbdsbsd.jpg

It looks like (from the pics Nate gave us) the solid axle, when flexing, will rub or smack the rear crossmember.

YEap, both front and rear of the axle.
I found this after seaching for some info on the SAS, I was looking at the front of my 3rd gen and figure a linked set up maybe easier. MAybe som type of Y link.
Maybe one day I'll run over to TnT customs and see what magic they could do.

Tim

Back