• Register Today It's free!

Good aftermarket radios

FruztalProjects

Reaction score
City, State
Washington, US
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU
Hi all, does any forum member have ideas on any good aftermarket radio for a 2015 PIU that retains the factory microphone and backup camera and of course has Android Auto/CarPlay. My backup camera is in the mirror. I've also considered the 4" to 8" conversion to SYNC 3 but it's very much expensive.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I saw aftermarket radios with a back up camera, and a bluetooth phone interface for around $40 on Amazon about a week ago. It might be possible to use with an existing factory system if you could wire it up.

as far as an HU ive liked piobeer best more than kenwood alpine is good too. none are the most cost effective option. as far ss interfacingnwith your mic dunnp

edit: piobeer :p its pioneer not piobeer

I saw aftermarket radios with a back up camera, and a bluetooth phone interface for around $40 on Amazon about a week ago. It might be possible to use with an existing factory system if you could wire it up.
Really!? That sounds nice. Going to look it up. Crappy radio stations around here! Wish I could just plug in my Android and play Pandora through the stock system No plug in for that on my 98.

Really!? That sounds nice. Going to look it up. Crappy radio stations around here! Wish I could just plug in my Android and play Pandora through the stock system No plug in for that on my 98.
on mine i have an adapter cable that takes aux and feeds into the cd chgr in the console so i select cd for console and it plays id have to remember where its from though it was made for these and jags

I saw a radio called a CarNaviPlayer, not sure how good they are, I can't find much on them. It retains the microphone I believe. Doesn't retain the backup camera if it displays on the screen. My backup camera shows up on the rearview mirror so it'll work as before. I don't like how they don't use the existing ports on the car to access android auto and having to use its own adapter. I don't want to run a cable through the glovebox or cut stuff in the plastic.

Back