Good deal on Superlift 4" lift leaf springs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Good deal on Superlift 4" lift leaf springs

newstylecustoms

Reaction score
City, State
Clayton, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
199 Explorer Sport
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/slf-01-194

Good on Superlift 4" lift leaf springs ($74 each) deal I thought I would pass along, I ordered a set last week. By far the least expensive I have found these for and since they are the only 4" lift spring I have found for the Explorer sounds like great deal less than half what everone else wants for them, they are individual so you have to order two.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you get them delivered yet? Looks like a smokin deal.

Did you get them delivered yet? Looks like a smokin deal.

No I think they are coming direct from Superlift in Georgia.

The bushings are not included but I won't be able to install them soon anyway, just didn't want to miss this deal.

This is very interesting to me. I would like to know how soft they are when you get them installed. I have been considering putting the springs back under my rear axle and going with a lifted spring to get back some of the compression and hopefully a bit more drop than my wore out stock axle overs with the extra long shackles. I think this may lower my stance in the rear an inch or 2 though. I'll have to look at that.

I am primarily interested in a nice soft spring to maximize my rear articulation. Going axle under will also help make the design for my traction bar work better.

So how do you get the front up 4 "?

I was planning on buying the complete kit, K494, but if I buy these seperate, I only need the front. Does anyone have a link for the front kit ONLY/full lift kit minus the rear springs?

my monoleaf springs in rear is going soft and I think bushing starting to go, thinking about replacing but I have heavy duty 4 1/2" lift shackles, soo to each their own...

So much for this deal, Summit says they won't ship until October!!!

It wasn't a big deal when my truck was sitting torn apart but now I am driving it again daily and the saggy rear really isn't working for me.

This isn't a Summit Racing issue, it's a Superlift issue. Summit Racing does not stock these springs, they are just middlemanning it and giving you an exceptional deal. I ordered mine a few days ago.

Basically what I am saying is that unless you happen to find someon who has the springs on hand, you are going to wait the same ammount of time for Superlift to make them no matter who you buy them from.

FWIW, I talked to a personal friend at 4WPW to see if they had any on hand or if they could match the Summit Racing price. From what he told me 4WPW dropped Superlift a couple months ago because they were constantly missing already long lead delivery dates. This was for complete lift kits and such. According to Superlift the problems were mostly from their old manufacturing site. They recently moved to a new site and the problems were supposed to go away after they get setteled in.

I asked my friend at 4WPW if there was another vendor that he could get a spring for me. He researched it and ended up recomending that I contact some of the spring manufacturers like Deaver. I know the price and delivery of Deaver, although I have no doubt about the quality of the Deaver springs (I run them on my Early Bronco) I can't help but wait whatever ammount of time necessary to get the Superlift springs and 1/3 the price and with a lifetime warrenty to boot.

That is a really good deal and I will attempt to leverage Summit Racing to match it.

The CarId web site says that they are in stock. Unfortunately when I called them to place an order and pressed for details about what is meant by "in stock" it ends up that they are having them drop shipped from Superlift just like Summit racing is only CarId doesn't know that Superlift doesn't have any on hand and will not be making a batch until late this month. They are assuming that the lead-time will be more on the order of 8-9 days to my door.

Just got off the phone with Summit Racing, they matched the price, dropped the "heavy/large" extra shipping charge and then dropped the order by another dollar for good measure. That saved my over $44. Thanks for pointing the CarId site/price out to me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No prob

Back