Status
Not open for further replies.

Noober1

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Mazda Navajo
I'm going with 33" tires, unless 35" tires and lift drop out of the sky. For the money, is this a good deal?

Ford Ranger Suspension Lift Kit Ford Ranger Suspension Lift +Click to Enlarge

Price: $440.95

ford_430h.jpg

http://www.roughcountry.com/suspension/4wd-ford/ranger_83-97_4.html
Kit Contents:
Front: Lifted coil springs, radius arm drop brackets, I-beam drop brackets, bump-stop drop brackets, power steering pitman arm, and hardware.

Rear: Lifted blocks and u-bolts.

Option: Available w/new rear leaf springs. +$240

Shocks: Kit includes (4) Hydro 8000 series shocks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any opinions?

i havent used it myself but ive read a ton of opinions on this set up on the forum. just do a search on rough country lifts.

I'm no expert but here is what I know.

1. The pivot drop plate for the passenger side beam has a history of punching holes in the top of the front pumpkin :thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

2. The rear lift parts are for a spring over application, the Explorer is spring under so those items are useless. If you do convert the X axle to spring over, that alone will give you approx 5.5" of lift. You;ll need to check the leaf spring option to make sure they are right for the Explorer application.

I recommend the good stuff from the beginning. Skyjacker or better yet James Duff

Albino 94LTD said:
I'm no expert but here is what I know.

1. The pivot drop plate for the passenger side beam has a history of punching holes in the top of the front pumpkin :thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

2. The rear lift parts are for a spring over application, the Explorer is spring under so those items are useless. If you do convert the X axle to spring over, that alone will give you approx 5.5" of lift. You;ll need to check the leaf spring option to make sure they are right for the Explorer application.

I recommend the good stuff from the beginning. Skyjacker or better yet James Duff

Thanks for the time you spent answering. I've looked for a skyjacker but there isn't one listed for an Explorer. (except maybe a spring) James Duff.... looks like good stuff...pricey though.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back