Good News About the '94 X and a Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Good News About the '94 X and a Question

cantornikolaos

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Limited 5.0
Callsign
BigTime
It's been a while since I checked-in.

I went down to SC around Thanksgiving to visit family. While I was down there I did some maintenance on both Explorers. I got the AC fixed in the 2004 Explorer and did some other things.

Back in January, I bought the '94 for $400 from a guy who said he thought the tranny was leaking. I thought I would have to get seals replaced. Fast-forward to November. When I was under the '94, it was bone-dry. Not a leak anywhere around the transmission. If the transmission is leaking anywhere, it's the cooler lines, which I can fix easily. I want to add an extra tranny cooler anyway. Might as well do that while I'm replacing hoses. Everything underneath looked very good.

The 2004 Explorer is also very dry underneath.

So, I rolled the dice with that Explorer and I think I won. There are a few very minor issues, but nothing that would stop me from taking a 900 mile road trip.

Here's the question. I think I mentioned before that I want to fix the ripped-up leather bucket seats. I think I could easily replace the front buckets with buckets from up to 2000 or 2001 Explorers. Maybe I can find some good leather seats in a wreck and use them.

What if I find nice leather buckets from a 3rd-gen Explorer? Will those bolt-up in the first-gen body without modification?

Back