Good news!!!!! | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Good news!!!!!

CoryL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer
Tuesday I found affordable shop space!!! Moving in November 4th.

Looks like I will be a dealer for Advance Adapters (Atlas 2) as well as Aurora Bearing (heim joints)!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!

Now to contact Warn!!! :D

I also drew up a D44 Histeer arm and will take it to the machine shop to see pricing on making those too.

Today was a good day.

Hopefully I will have prices on all the other stuff I dropped off at the machine shop tomorrow!!!

Saturday is going to be GREAT!!! Red Wings game in Nashville!!!

What a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Adam Foote

Reaction score
City, State
Katy, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
WOOO HOOO! congrats and best of luck to you... i have always admired your rig and your skills...

TravisC

My bro, JoshC in Iraq
Reaction score
City, State
Hurricane, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport
Congrats Cory, you're stuff is sweet. Best of luck

Randall

Demon4x4 Member
Reaction score
City, State
Mo. City, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Demon Edition
Callsign
KF5ZXT
Hey Cory, here's a question for you. I don't know if you've seen those double steer Dana 44 arms or not (if not scroll about 2/3 of the way down http://rockstomper.com/catalog/steering/highsteer.htm ), do you think those are usable for early bronco type setups (like mine), or just dana 44 setups that involve leafs? If they can't be used, any chance on you making some that can? ;)

Oh yeah, congrats on the shop space!! :D

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
Congrats..... i am excited for you.. but at the same time scared ;) LOL now you can start doing some really insane frankenstein creations.. mmmmuuuuhahahahah ;) is Dr. Cory Frankentruck in?

FAKRWEE

Elite Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Carlsbad, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Jeep Rubicon
Way to go Cory. You really know your stuff. :thumbsup:
If you need any help negotiating with these companies let me know. That's my area of expertise.:D

By the way I'm installing the coilovers and am having problems with building the hoop in the drivers side engine department. The plumbing on the master cylinder is in the way. Do you know of any master cylinders I can use with the plumbing on the passenger side.:confused:
Thanks

CoryL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer
Originally posted by MuddWhore
Hey Cory, here's a question for you. I don't know if you've seen those double steer Dana 44 arms or not (if not scroll about 2/3 of the way down http://rockstomper.com/catalog/steering/highsteer.htm ), do you think those are usable for early bronco type setups (like mine), or just dana 44 setups that involve leafs? If they can't be used, any chance on you making some that can? ;)

Oh yeah, congrats on the shop space!! :D

I just drew up some D44 steering arms in CAD for a regular infront of axle setup.

Not sure how the behind the pumpkin would work since you plan on going to a wristed arm. I think normally it would work.

I can draw up some new ones and see what they would cost to make.

I'm dropping the normal hi-steer arm specs off tomorrow. Hopefully I can get you a price on those if you are interested.

CoryL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer
Originally posted by FAKRWEE
Way to go Cory. You really know your stuff. :thumbsup:
If you need any help negotiating with these companies let me know. That's my area of expertise.:D

By the way I'm installing the coilovers and am having problems with building the hoop in the drivers side engine department. The plumbing on the master cylinder is in the way. Do you know of any master cylinders I can use with the plumbing on the passenger side.:confused:
Thanks

If I need a hand, I'll let ya know! Thanks!

That's a typical problem area.

I might know a solution to that which relocates the master cylinder to the other side. Lemme call about it tomorrow and I will let you know.

FAKRWEE

Elite Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Carlsbad, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Jeep Rubicon
Someone told me there's an explorer model with the master on the drivers side but the plumbing on the passenger side, but didn't know the model or year. Do you know of any such beast? That would be enough clearance for me without major changes.

I know you probably don't need any negotiating tips but I'm gonna give them to you anyway:D

1-Aim high and leave yourself room to negotiate.
2-Never concede first on major issues and if you have to concede first concede on secondary issues.
3-Be stingy with your concessions and use the funnel approach.
4- Don't go tit for tat or split the difference unless your well prepared.
5-Find out if they have any time limits and use them to your advantage.

Good Luck:cool:

Michael

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92
Tom, I believe on my 94 that the lines exit on the pass. side of the master cylinder. It's not here right now or I would confirm that, maybe someone else could.

FAKRWEE

Elite Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Carlsbad, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Jeep Rubicon
Thanks Michael. I'll look into it.

CoryL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer
Tom,

On my Ex, 1994 model year, they exited on the Driver's side. I've never heard of a passenger side output.

Thanks for the tips. I am used to dealing with other businesses working out deals. Usually in this business, the company sets jobber prices for you and if you start selling a lot, will offer you better pricing on specific items.

Randall

Demon4x4 Member
Reaction score
City, State
Mo. City, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Demon Edition
Callsign
KF5ZXT
Originally posted by CoryL
I'm dropping the normal hi-steer arm specs off tomorrow. Hopefully I can get you a price on those if you are interested.

Yep, I'm interested. Do you tap and mill knuckles, too?
With the double ended arms, I think that they would interfere with where the shocks mount.

CoryL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer
Originally posted by MuddWhore
Yep, I'm interested. Do you tap and mill knuckles, too?
With the double ended arms, I think that they would interfere with where the shocks mount.

I have no way to mill the knuckles myself. I can take one to my machine shop and see what he will chage to do it as well as the tapping.

I think you may be right on the shock mount thing. Since I am running coilovers, I usually overlook that fact.

The steering arms I have are setup for a 5/8" heim joint.