• Register Today It's free!

Good Price?

BlakeMcClaskey

Reaction score
City, State
Yakima, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
Hey everyone i just bought a 1994 Ford explorer XLT. I paid 3600$ for it (not including tax) It has 114k on it. The paint is in pretty good condition except for a spot on the back right side where it has a fairly large spot. The interior is in very good condition ( no rips or anything). But i was wondering if it was a good price for it. Also it didnt come with a cd player, and that seemed strange but i was planning on buying a new one anyway.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think last time i cheaked a 94 whent from anyware from 3000 to 6000 and even 1 for 8000 i got my 91 from my unle for $400.00 with the typical rocker panal rust but other than that the rest of the body is perfect and the paint will blind you in the sun and the interior is almost perfect exept the leather driver seat is starting to show a little ware. but for a 1994 your are in the price range

I paid $5000 for my 94 with 78K miles 1 year ago today actually.

i paid $2500 in '02 for my 92 with 100k on it.

Thats a really good price i think. I paid $4000 for my 92 with 114k and dead CD player a little over a year ago. I got a good deal on it though, its in near perfect condition.

I paid $3650. for my 94xlt 8months ago with 165k on the clock. Between 3and5k seems to be the going price.

Kelley Blue book priced mine at $2250. haha

i paid 4000 for mine with 200 K on it i got gipped thank DAD!

You can actually do a Kelly Blue Book on used car prices. Condition is of paramount importance. Please remember this are all guides, with no guarantees. If you paid $3,600.00 for it, I presume the car is in excellent running mechanical condition, possibly from the original owner and in very sound condition, as in everything works on it. The more you know about the car, to me, the more its worth. History is very important to me. Then you get into issues as in Leather seats, are they torn etc, etc.......

A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay you for it......

d-1

BlakeMcClaskey said:
Hey everyone i just bought a 1994 Ford explorer XLT. I paid 3600$ for it (not including tax) It has 114k on it. The paint is in pretty good condition except for a spot on the back right side where it has a fairly large spot. The interior is in very good condition ( no rips or anything). But i was wondering if it was a good price for it. Also it didnt come with a cd player, and that seemed strange but i was planning on buying a new one anyway.

i paid 1300 for my 92 166k has body damagem tho runs good with ac too yay

i paid $3500 after fees for mine about 2 months ago "good" condition in kelly bluebook

like i said i only paid get this 400.00 dollors for a 1991 eddie bauar from my uncle 103k interior exelent little driver seat ware only thing is the rocker panal other paint is in good condition anyone ever get a price at a body shop for rocker repair

You would have to find a used Explorer and cut out the rocker panels at the seams to do a professional rust removal repair. Rust is like cancer, once it starts you can never stop it totally without removing the effected metal and replacing it.

I would say $1,500.00 to do both sides correctly.

d-1

adam45356 said:
like i said i only paid get this 400.00 dollors for a 1991 eddie bauar from my uncle 103k interior exelent little driver seat ware only thing is the rocker panal other paint is in good condition anyone ever get a price at a body shop for rocker repair

price

I got my 92 XLT 4DR auto for 2500 in March of 05 and KBB said it should be 4000 it's got 113k on it now it had 109 when I bought it. The paint is almost perfect, only a little swirling on the hood, nothing to complain about and a small dent on the passenger side rear fender. Other than that the Black paint looks great when it's not covered in mud... ;)

I paid $3700 for my 92 xlt last year. It had just under 70k when I bought it and is in near perfect condition, inside and out.

Back