• Register Today It's free!

GOOD TIP

94ExplorerSS

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
94, no mods
Here is something i learned sort of the hard way and wasnt too happy but we all will. WHen someone tells u to get a cheap deck and everything will be fine dont listen to them. I bought a hundred dollar aiwa pos deck thinking it wuld sound the same as all the others. Every time i turned the ignition off the bass would thump and i always thought it was my amp so i got a new one and it did the same thing, so i got new rca cables and new ground and it still did it and i was stumped and 500 dollars in the hole... then i talked to a guy at good guys and he looked at my pos deck and said that was the problem. I invested in getting a deck with 4 volt pre amp outputs a bunch of other stuff i cant name off my head that the hundred dollar decks just dfont come with. I turn my car on and my subs hit 3 times as loud, my door speakers are so so so clear and everything is great, NO THUMP WHEN I TURN MY CAR OFF. Remember this when ur buying ur cheapo deck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is that rule of thumb that I live by - "You Get What You Pay For". It applies.

I was told when it comes to car stereo, you buy cheap, you will buy again.

Originally posted by Critical_Level2

And I was told when you hit the reply button twice, you double post :p

i was always told that to...but i bought cheap and it worked out prety well =)...just now i want more lol

deck

what is a deck? is that another name for headunit??

phoenixlt said:
what is a deck? is that another name for headunit??

You are correct.

read my sig.... 100% true all the time.

hydroxy said:
read my sig.... 100% true all the time.

for me, i dont care about the rattling... however, im way down on the second part.... thats why i still dont have my truck lifted... i need more things, but am just buying piece by piece... the spindles nad the brakelines are already in the garage... also i got new rotors, pads, tools and i still need a way to lift the rear and double check that the X rims will fit as well....

Back