goodyear miltary tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

goodyear miltary tires

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

have fun finding a 16.5 " wheel that will fit right, they look badass though

4X402 said:
have fun finding a 16.5 " wheel that will fit right, they look badass though

16.5s are rather common with bigger trucks. So it wouldn't be too hard.

All of your pre super dutys came with 8 lug 16.5's It's pretty comon it the older trucks

Stic-o said:
All of your pre super dutys came with 8 lug 16.5's It's pretty comon it the older trucks
Once again, the problem is not finding one that is 16.5", :p it's finding a 16.5" that is also 5x4.5 bolt pattern.

Or you could just skip the hassle of looking for wheels by just swapping in some new axles. :thumbsup: :D

Maybe a wheel company would be willing to do a custom order or know somebody that makes an adapter of some sort.

or jsut get some wheel adapters....have some fabbed up if you have to, alot of the ricer shops will do it.

but be aware that if you arent going to double beadlock it, you arent going to be able to airdown your tries as 16.5s dont use a bead

i wont have a problem finding wheels, but is the tire any good?

They're alright tires, they'll last a while on the road, the rubber they're made out of is pretty hard. We have them on some of our vehicles and they work alright offroad though I don't have to much experience with them. I bet if you got your hands on a tire groover you could make them much more capable offroad.

well for around $300 a set, these are now on my winter project list

Most Hummer H1s came with 37x12.50x16.5s like this one:

464729_133_full.jpg

464729_139_full.jpg

But I believe those are two different manufacturers.

-Drew

ExplorerDMB said:
Most Hummer H1s came with 37x12.50x16.5s like this one:

464729_133_full.jpg

464729_139_full.jpg

But I believe those are two different manufacturers.

-Drew

Both tires are made by goodyear, one is the goodyear r/t and the other one is the goodyear MT (the ones you have pictured). From what I've gathered the R/T is an older tire that they used to but on the HMMWVs but they've sinve gone to the MT. Most of our vehicles have the MTs

thats what im wondering...gonne spend the price gap finding a set of wheels to fit your truck...then its not worth it in any sense

Imho the only wheels worth running with them would be hummer beadlocks or a similiar beadlock wheel.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have found 16.5" wheels with 5x5.5 bolt patterns, why would beadlock wheels be nessesary(sp)? or i would even get hummer wheels with wheel adapters, im still tryin to find a wheel that i like

Back