goodyear miltary tires | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

goodyear miltary tires

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

d44 have 5x5.5 bolt pattern, now i know what all you guys mean when you say 33's is the d35 ttb limits, i blew out something else in my front diff today, probably a hub,

950ffroadx, those tires suck. if your alignment is off in the slightless it roaches them.. granted hummers weigh but they wear super fast on them. And it truely sucks changing a tire, unless yougot a tanker bar. Plenty of places make rims in 5x5.5 16.5 but dont lose that o-ring and have fun putting them together. I can do a tire change with 2 crowbars and a large screw driver (includeing sockets for the rim) in about an hour. 4 hours total an a greatday.

guess those 37" MT/R's on the TTB wernt the best idea afterall. I personally say again, save up, go soild, regear, then run whatever the hell you want.

^^ thats what i plan on doing

are the hummer bead lock rims street legal?

i dont think any beadlock wheels are street legal, but it doesnt matter there is no way to get a hummer rim to fit on your 8.8 or your d35...

im in the process of lookin d44, and since the d44 is 5x5.5 and the 8.8 is 5x4.5, i was planning on getting 1" wheel spacers/adapters to fit the wheel and give me a widder stance

there is no law that actually says beadlocks are illegal, but there is no law that says they aren't either... its one of those grey areas......

as far as why would you need beadlocks, a 16.5 rim doesnt have a standard safety bead as all the otehr tires... this mean the second you air down, the tire pretty much falls of the rim... without a dual beadlocked wheel like the hummers, you air down and your tries fall of the rim sitting still..... since there is no bead, you will also need a huge air tank to get enough cfm and pressure to even try to reseat the bead

acually, with most states D.O.T's beadlocks are considered a road hazard, therefore not legal. Reason being it would allow you to run tires with very low pressure increasing your risk to other drivers at high speeds. Who would drive at high speeds with 5-10 PSI is beyond me but thats what they say.

but i have fake bead locks, and when i go to get it inspected and watnot , no one asked if they where real or fake, whowould they get me for running them like the cops or the people the inspected my xplorer?

you can FOR SURE tell the difference between fake and real beadlocks...if you have ever looked at a real one versus a fake one, you can tell.

sn0border88 said:
acually, with most states D.O.T's beadlocks are considered a road hazard, therefore not legal. Reason being it would allow you to run tires with very low pressure increasing your risk to other drivers at high speeds. Who would drive at high speeds with 5-10 PSI is beyond me but thats what they say.

as i said before its one of those gray areas, i will more than happily say you are right if that is the case... can you find a state or federal law on the books regarding the use of beadlocks as being illegal?

Most beadlocks are not street legal because they're not DOT approved. Most Walker Evans racing makes street legal beadlocks but theyre about 500 bucks each. Beadlocks aren't DOT approved because manufacturers don't want to have the liability of one of thier wheels coming apart on a highway and them getting sued. Back on topic... as far as the bolt pattern on HMMWVs alot of people get them recentered with a different lug pattern and backspacing to suit thier needs.

how's this the next rim i tear down i'll look for the dot stamp.. i think its on there to tell you the truth... but don't quote.. i'll run by the motor pool in the morning and check a rim at the very least if i got time.

awesome man thanks, thatd really help

ok i forgot. but i'll be sure to get it done on monday.. after all i got a master driver meeting with the motor sgt so have to be over there anyways.

Back