• Register Today It's free!

Goodyear Wrangler MT/R

SteveO2569

Reaction score
City, State
Brentwood TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT 4x4
do any of u guys have Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs on your ex? and if so could u put some pics of your ex on here with them and how well they perform

-thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Liked my BFG MTs better and am going back to those. :D

what did u like better about your BFGs over your MT/Rs? bc im trying to decide between these 2 tires myself, all of the ratings on what i have searched favor the MT/Rs. and also how much lift do u have? 6 and 35s?

These will be my next tires. Only thing that stopped me from getting them this time was I got a DEAL on some other tires.

Section has 5''s of lift with 33's

MT/Rs are great tires for everyday driving(little loud), good on rocks and loose stuff(gravel roads and such) too. Decent in the snow, but they are not too much better than an A/T in the mud. Very good tread wear if taken care of.

i was talkin to a buddy of mine and he told me the the BFG m/ts tread doesnt last long which in my opinion i thought was wrong bc i thought they were so good not only bc of their performance but bc they last a long time, but seeing as how i dont have them i wouldnt know for sure, what do u guys think?

My BFG AT's lasted for like two decades or so. :D But seriously, it was a long time.

When I went from BFG MTs to the MT/Rs I noticed that they were a lot more sloppy at high speeds. It was almost scary until I got use to them. (No sway bars) Also, the MTs did a lot better in the snow than the MT/Rs. At least in my experience. But both tires last a long time. I had the MTs for a while and then sold them when I went to the bigger MT/Rs. My rears have hardly any wear on them and I've had them for a year and a half or so.

Back