got 33s to fit with TT&Shakles | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

got 33s to fit with TT&Shakles

hey i got my 96 explorer to fit 33s with no trimming what so ever. the only lift so far is TT & shackles which is about 2 1/2 inch of lift if u wanna see pics for proof let me know, o yea there also on my stock rims.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no they are 33 12.50 15s BFG AT's

Fitting them and "using" them are two different stories.

Where are those pics?

well better post those pics then..gotta see this. I had 2" TT +2" body lift and couldnt fit 33's standing on flat ground. With my new fenders though they fit beautifully...

you running fiberglass?

** the pics have to include the tires turned. I was able to fit them but when we turned they hit everything- including the tip of my nerf bar!

+, mine dont rub anymore even at full flex.. love the fenders! :bounce:

2.5" of lift:

2235splat3.jpg

Then I tried trimming, Then I got fiberglass fenders.

Damn I can barely fit mine. Get those pics up.

4" lift.
12637DSNEW.jpg

Didnt even attempt trimming- went straight to Perry's.

BTW Alec, yea man these tires are awesome- sticky as hell

later:

Attachments

• IMAG0001.JPG
    IMAG0001.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 310

even later ;) :(

2235121003-3.jpg

sk1er17 said:
lol . beat this one (yes thats a tow rope)
12637MattPullJay.jpg
Why is that jeep pulling you out in reverse................. :)

yea but i dont see it happenin- he's gonna post a pic with his tires facing forward which dont mean anything...

and alec redrig and myself just made this thread amusing :chug:

I was just showing that it didn't work until I got my fenders and trimming a sh!tload. Worked well after that though.

I remember when Doug let me test fit his old one when i had TT with the body lift and i almost ripped my nerf bar end cap off- that right there tells me he cant have running boards or nerf bars.

Not to mention i just helped BHults put 32's on his with just a TT and he still had to trim... i gotta see some pics of this- it just dont add up

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sk1er17 >>
How were your wheel bearings after that run? I have a 3" BL and 1.5" SL with 33's but I'm afraid to submerge my '98 IFS wheel bearings for the assembly is quite expensive to replace :fire:

Back