got a booboo | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

got a booboo

Cevigney

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 exploder
:mad:

Out wheeling hit a rock with the suspension and my Tranny blew all of its fluid out in about 30 seconds, hoses are fine, pan is fine. it was coming from the sides? or top? and dripping around where the oil plug is.. any ideas?

4.0 (big block V6) yeeee

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Something similar happened with my old '92. When mine went, I heard a loud pop and then boiling transmission fluid started dumping out. I overheated the tranny in 4 low and I'm pretty sure it messed up the front pump

Only time I've seen pumps fail is from going 150 in OD and the trans kicking back into D on it's own. Blew several pumps out of my brothers GMC sports truck. Not sure why it done that, some said it hit the governed speed which of course had been changed. Otherwise I don't know. I do know they are a pain to change out. :(

Well .. ripped the bell housing in half.

Ouch sorry to hear man , Got a spare one ?, Ive changed them out before , Its not too bad

My mistake. it was a scratch a deep one though. pulled the tranny the front seal is tight. could the Torque converter be leaking? and is everyone else welded to the flywheel...?
It litterally blew all of the fluid out.

Back