Got a new Friend today | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Got a new Friend today

Joe93

Elite Dakota
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Well as some of you know awhile ago I had to put my dog down. Well I got a new doggy today. I wasnt looking for a dog or anything He kinda found me. I went to Wal-Mart today with my girlfriend when we pulled in the parking lot there was an old man sitting behind his minivan with his back door open with a dog laying in the back. We drove buy and went inside and didn't think anything about it. Well after spending about 2 hours in the damn store we were leaving and the old man was still sitting there. I stopped and asked him if he was having car trouble or anything and he said he was trying to sell his dog. I started talking to the Old man and the reason he was selling his dog was cause He was moving into a retirment home that doesnt allow dogs. After talking with the old man for about 30 minutes he said I could have the dog for free If i promised him one thing and that was to bring the dog to come visit him from time to time. I had no problems with that. It was kinda sad. This old man had to give his best friend away. He had lost his wife a few months ago and his kids aren't around It was just him and his dog. I told him he could come by and visit anytime he wants. The dogs name is BayWolf aka Bay for short he is about 2 years old. He is a mutt and kinda looks like my old dog. I will get some pics up soon, as of right now He is running around checking out his new home.

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

<

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Joe, thats a cool story, I'm sure he really appreciates it, and its always good to give a doggie a home! I'm currently waiting to move into an apartment so I can look into getting another dog, my current apartment doesn't allow them. Thats cool!

<

hrbib21

Reaction score
City, State
Myrtle Beach, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Limited 5.0
Great job, Joe. Losing your best friend (dog) really sucks and this is a great way to honor him.

<

matey

Aussie Dude
Reaction score
City, State
Sydney NSW Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
Black 01 xlt explorer
thats a cool story how are you and the dog getting along? i would love to have a pet but in an apartment we can only have fish

<

Joe93

Elite Dakota
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Bay and I are getting along pretty well. He is verry well trained. He obeys all one word commands. Lay,Sit, down, Roll, shake,beg, speak, come, heel, go and a few more. I guess He is also trained to ring a bell with his nose when he needs to go to the bathroom. The h\old man told me to hang a bell by the back door and he will nudge it with his nose to let you know he needs to go out. I just need to get a bell and we will see if it works. The most important thing is that he doesn't mind my 3 cats. Still trying to get a pic of him. He is being kinda wild right now and plus my camera is broke so i'm waiting for my friend to bring his over for me to use.

<

Mike_H

Reaction score
City, State
San Francisco Bay Area, Ca
Right on dude. The pee-bell is funny, well if it works!

<

dogfriend

Human-Animal Hybrid
Reaction score
City, State
Carmichael, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport 4x4
Congratulations!

:thumbsup:

<

Joe93

Elite Dakota
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Alright here is a pic. I think he is Part German Shepard but i dont know what else any ideas anyone?

Attachments

• bay.jpg
    bay.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 214
<

XplorerKid

Rolling on 37"s
Reaction score
City, State
Winter Haven Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Xplorer
Joe thats a REALLY NICE looking dog......

if i ever get a dog it will have to be a big one i dotn like the small dogs...... i would get a dog now but my cat hates dogs .....

PEACE

and goodluck

<

Hartman

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 5.0
That's one helluva dog there, congrats.

<

<

02XSport

Reaction score
City, State
GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Toyota 4Runner SE V8
Joe,

That is a great story! I'm sure what you did will be greatly appreciated. There needs to be more people in this world like you. And congrats on the new dog, he looks great!

<

hrbib21

Reaction score
City, State
Myrtle Beach, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Limited 5.0
WOW, he's a nice looking dog. Definitely shepherd and labrador.

<

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Joe thats a cool lookin dog, quite a find you got there and I'm sure it made the old guy happy to still get to see his friend occasionally :).

<