Got a new truck, want to meet NY people | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got a new truck, want to meet NY people

ghoster

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island , NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Well i registered here when i first bought my 2001 Ford Explorer Sport like 1 1/2 yr ago.
Just recently i bought me a new explorer
A 2004 Eddie Bauer:D
Don't have many pics now but you can see some of the things i've done already(i've had it for 2 days now:confused: ) Did tints in the front 20% and tomorrow i'm going to do 5% over the factory tint in the back windows, HIDs, Magnaflow exhaust tip(magnaflow muffler is going on sun.) and thats about it.
After doing those things, next on the list is 22s and doing the system.
I live in NY and i've seen maybe members that also live in NY. Would anyone be interested in a NY meet? I live in Suffolk county
Some pics
expl020.jpg

expl029.jpg

I'll have more pictures tomorrow

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ghoster, first, let me apologize for the rude madexplorer93 and just say he is new here and does not reflect the attitude of the people of this site...

you have a very nice ride and i am sure you will find lot's of info for it here along with alot of nice folks...welcome here...:D

nice X... like the HIDs and everything looks pretty clean... im guessing there r plenty of people on this site iwth xls's that would kill for eddie bauer rims so if u get 22s u mite wanna consider selling ur old set to someone here... if i wouldnt have just gotten a new set of tires for a 16 rim i would have some interest but i dont wanna spend money on a whole new set of rims and tires... good luck with finishing touches

Long Islander here but in Nassau County in Valley Stream.
Before the 22's I'd lower it! :)

Hi from another 2004 EB! Mine is black.

Would love to meet but I think there is about 5000 miles distance between us :p:
(But I have friends in New Hyde Park on LI and visit them like 2x a year - and usually rent an X while I'm there)

Question: what's the color temperature of those HIDs? They look very good.

Greg

ghoster, first, let me apologize for the rude madexplorer93 and just say he is new here and does not reflect the attitude of the people of this site...

you have a very nice ride and i am sure you will find lot's of info for it here along with alot of nice folks...welcome here...:D
lol
Thanks for the comment, and don't worry this time i'm going to stick around:thumbsup:

nice X... like the HIDs and everything looks pretty clean... im guessing there r plenty of people on this site iwth xls's that would kill for eddie bauer rims so if u get 22s u mite wanna consider selling ur old set to someone here... if i wouldnt have just gotten a new set of tires for a 16 rim i would have some interest but i dont wanna spend money on a whole new set of rims and tires... good luck with finishing touches
Thanks bro
I would sell them but here in NY the winter would be too harsh for the 22s, so i'd keep my stockers and throw them on for the winter.But thanks anyway for the tip, i would have never known that people would really buy my stockers
Long Islander here but in Nassau County in Valley Stream.
Before the 22's I'd lower it! :)
Nice!
I'd lower it but i rather not as of yet, before this truck i had a Chevy Trailblazer dropped on 20s using lowering springs and it look really nice but i think for the explorer i might go w/ air ride so for now i'm going to leave it at stock height.
Would you be interested in meeting up? Asked some people from mysporttrac.com and looks like 5 or 6 are willing to meet up

Hi from another 2004 EB! Mine is black.

Would love to meet but I think there is about 5000 miles distance between us :p:
(But I have friends in New Hyde Park on LI and visit them like 2x a year - and usually rent an X while I'm there)

Question: what's the color temperature of those HIDs? They look very good.

Greg
Well 5000 miles isn't that much! LoL j/king:confused:
The HIDs are 8000K, but i might switch them for 10000K. I want to get more of a purplish color. These are really nice and bright but i really don't like how the bluw looks w/ the red truck

Nice!
I'd lower it but i rather not as of yet, before this truck i had a Chevy Trailblazer dropped on 20s using lowering springs and it look really nice but i think for the explorer i might go w/ air ride so for now i'm going to leave it at stock height.

BANG! I had a Trailblazer too!! :D A very nice blue LTZ, sold it when gas prices went out of control and only had a regular car for a while. Then I realized my life is worthless without a truck so looked around for another TB.... ;) and then I saw this X for a much much better deal.
IMO the X has better quality interior and sporty ride but the TB was just better built.
Are you a member at Trailvoy?

BANG! I had a Trailblazer too!! :D A very nice blue LTZ, sold it when gas prices went out of control and only had a regular car for a while. Then I realized my life is worthless without a truck so looked around for another TB.... ;) and then I saw this X for a much much better deal.
IMO the X has better quality interior and sporty ride but the TB was just better built.
Are you a member at Trailvoy?

Oh WOW! This really is a small world lol
yes i was a member on trailvoy.
You probably know me most people knew who i was(not saying it to sound ****y but its true) i was blktbon20s
some pics to remind you who i was (BTW makes me want to cry when i see these pics, i really did love my TB. I was looking to get a fully loaded one but the price where too high. And the Eddie i got now has all the options i wanted and cost less)
calenderpics005.jpg

andres083.jpg

I'd be down for some meet as long as its a reasonable distance. :)
In a couple of weeks my truck is going under the knife though with the rollpan and hood scoop so I hope its before or after the surgery. ;)

Oh WOW! This really is a small world lol
yes i was a member on trailvoy.
You probably know me most people knew who i was(not saying it to sound ****y but its true) i was blktbon20s

Yes I remember your truck, you put a lot of work into it.
and over 6,000 posts over there... wow

I sold mine over a year ago and didn't really post ever since. I still read every now and then.

ghoster, I would be down to meet with you. I live in valley stream aswell as X~Factor, but i havent seen him either.

BTW i got the same truck as you in red EB 03' with 22's and 8000k HID's... but i did all the bout 5-6 months ago. lol Pretty funny our cars basicall look the same with the same mods.

Well anyways, if anyone wants to meet up we should get a lil meet going.

Yes I remember your truck, you put a lot of work into it.
and over 6,000 posts over there... wow

I sold mine over a year ago and didn't really post ever since. I still read every now and then.
yea i spent alot of money on my truck, i loved her alot! I also spent alot of time there on TV, it was a nice experience i hope i have the same here

ghoster, I would be down to meet with you. I live in valley stream aswell as X~Factor, but i havent seen him either.

BTW i got the same truck as you in red EB 03' with 22's and 8000k HID's... but i did all the bout 5-6 months ago. lol Pretty funny our cars basicall look the same with the same mods.

Well anyways, if anyone wants to meet up we should get a lil meet going.
Wow bro thats crazy!
You have any pics of the 22s?
i was thinking of going with some that are called Game by BIGG but not sure if i really like them.
I'll deff. hit you up when i have a date set. I'd be pretty cool to have 2 red eddies w/ similar mods

Congrats on the new truck.:thumbsup:

im in ronkonkoma!
nice x
heres a pic of min!
100_1284.jpg
pullin a chevy out!!!!

DSC01671.jpg

here are a few pics of what it looks like with the rims.

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

Congrats on the new truck.:thumbsup:
Thanks, i see you use to live in Huntington

im in ronkonkoma!
nice x
heres a pic of min!
100_1284.jpg
pullin a chevy out!!!!

DSC01671.jpg
Cool so would you be down for a meet?
Thanks
I'm loving that hood! Looks really nice bro

here are a few pics of what it looks like with the rims.

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg
Dam i need to get my 22s ASAP!!
If you don't mind me asking how much did they run(rims and tires)?
I went to a place and they told me 1800 w/ rims and tires. Rims are from a company called BIGG (never heard of them) and tires are Toyo. Let me know what you think

Dam i need to get my 22s ASAP!!
If you don't mind me asking how much did they run(rims and tires)?
I went to a place and they told me 1800 w/ rims and tires. Rims are from a company called BIGG (never heard of them) and tires are Toyo. Let me know what you think

I paid $1000 for rims used in mint condition. I never heard of those rims either, but im still down for a meet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I paid $1000 for rims used in mint condition. I never heard of those rims either, but im still down for a meet.

thats a great deal. If i find me some use 22s in mint condition i'd jump on them but its kinda hard to find a set w/ curbage.

Back