Got bored yesterday... pics inside | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got bored yesterday... pics inside

1997XLTRollover

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 AWD 5.0
So I was bored out of my mind yesterday and since my 99's been my daily recently, I've been neglecting my 96 so decided to give her some love.

My center console lid had the typical rip in it so I decided to cover it up. Then I was looking around and thought it came out so good I'd cover the arm rests too to complete the look. Kind of almost looks like some type of King Ranch package now. I think it came out pretty good for some spray adhesive and suede from Wal-Mart.

What do you guys think? I'm a bit of a novice as far as interior wrapping and it shows, but it didn't come out too bad, I'll just have to see how it holds up.

0802151713_zpscxhx6jhr.jpg

0802151714a_zpsprtqsoeu.jpg

0802151714c_zps7lpwk2sj.jpg

0802151715_zpsaqqyqhcu.jpg

0802151715a_zpsp0wil3hz.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey, looks pretty good.

My first thought when I saw the first picture of just the door arm rest was that it didn't look good, but the pictures of both the center console and the door really ties things together. The material and color is subtle enough that the arm rests and center console stand on their own; meaning that you don't need to match the seat trim, or any other trim to it, but you could.

My center console is pretty bad, of course, I think I am going to put your mod on my list.

Thanks. I think my 96 being the Saddle interior makes it work because the leather and such is more of a peanut butter color vs a lighter tan. Seems more like it was actually designed that way vs me screwing around haha. The pictures don't really do it justice, it looks a lot better in person. For some reason I couldn't get it to capture well with the camera.

<Ahem>... I believe it's called Medium Prairie Tan.

He's right chefduane, it's Saddle Tan on a '96. Medium Prairie Tan replaced it in '97. I found that out the hard way when I ordered a master power window switch with the bezel for my '98. Listing on ebay said it was Tan off a '96, will fit '95-'01. Completely different color.

He's right chefduane, it's Saddle Tan on a '96. Medium Prairie Tan replaced it in '97. I found that out the hard way when I ordered a master power window switch with the bezel for my '98. Listing on ebay said it was Tan off a '96, will fit '95-'01. Completely different color.

Yup. The Saddle interior is a very unique color and I think was a 96 only color if I'm not mistaken. Took me a while to find a matching cover when I installed my sub.

Yup. The Saddle interior is a very unique color and I think was a 96 only color if I'm not mistaken. Took me a while to find a matching cover when I installed my sub.

Live and learn! I stand corrected. It sure looks the same to me. Was it just a name change and the color is the same or is truly it a different shade?

Live and learn! I stand corrected. It sure looks the same to me. Was it just a name change and the color is the same or is truly it a different shade?

It's very different. My 99 is much much lighter, the 96 looks the shade of peanut butter. It looks lighter in the pics actually, but in person it's a fair amount darker than the 97+. At first I thought it was ugly but it's really grown on me and I actually prefer it over my 99 now.

Thanks for the idea!

I also have that center console lid rip.
Looks like a cheap and easy project and it came out looking good.

:thumbsup: :salute: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the idea!

I also have that center console lid rip.
Looks like a cheap and easy project and it came out looking good.

:thumbsup: :salute: :thumbsup:

Thanks. Yeah the hole/rip was driving me nuts. I actually filled it with some puddy crap, then wrapped over it. But yeah cost maybe 5-10 bucks for everything.

I think your interior looks sharp the way it is. I posted that for K-A, since he was looking for a new option. Probably should have put that in my original reply.

Regards,

Jason

I think your interior looks sharp the way it is. I posted that for K-A, since he was looking for a new option. Probably should have put that in my original reply.

Regards,

Jason

Yeah I see that now, that was weird I didn't even notice his post before. But still good to know about that site. Any of the ones in the yard that are still good won't be for long. The recover is the best option.

Back