Got Livernois? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got Livernois?

Just got my 2017 Explorer Sport last week and just received the air intake, 3bar MAP, thermostat and tuner from Livernois. Will be installing it tomorrow morning. I'm hearing that I should be expecting some decent results?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just got my 2017 Explorer Sport last week and just received the air intake, 3bar MAP, thermostat and tuner from Livernois. Will be installing it tomorrow morning. I'm hearing that I should be expecting some decent results?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
You may also be interested in this thread; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/livernois-tune-experience.428216/
The Forum has a handy 'Search' feature (upper right) that you can use to find more threads on Livernois tunes.

Peter

Decent is an understatement. Throttle response shift points turbo kick. I think you will be happy :)

Funny I was just reading back in this thread to the first post. I have had my tune for 3 years now I still blow cars away at the line. I have the 160 thermostat and 3bar. I also add a laser speed jammer and radar detector. Also BlackVue front and back drive cams. I enjoy everyday I walk in my garage see my truck just waiting for me to fire it up. 60k miles and still drives better then the day I drove it off the lot. Thanks Livernois!

Funny I was just reading back in this thread to the first post. I have had my tune for 3 years now I still blow cars away at the line. I have the 160 thermostat and 3bar. I also add a laser speed jammer and radar detector. Also BlackVue front and back drive cams. I enjoy everyday I walk in my garage see my truck just waiting for me to fire it up. 60k miles and still drives better then the day I drove it off the lot. Thanks Livernois!

Good to hear. I'm hearing a lot about other owners horror stories now about their tunes and watching to many YouTube videos of RICERS blowing up their engines.

My only thing I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea with 60k miles is a plug change.
Good to hear. I'm hearing a lot about other owners horror stories now about their tunes and watching to many YouTube videos of RICERS blowing up their engines.
Ricers are not ecobeast LoL

I've been slacking on getting some performance mods done to the x sport. The mustang has taken priority. Some livernois goodies will be in the works. Working on possibly testing out a new down pipe that hasn't been released yet too. Hoping to get a few track passes on it this summer.

have the 93 v5 version in mine...love it and i agree..the quick shift changes ect really make a difference. Power is always there and never really sluggish.

Anyone know if there is a version higher than 5 right now?

I do most city and stop and go traffic..but also open highway....open highway i can get 19...city i am getting 17

Does anyone know if the Livernois CAI inducts hot air back into the engine?

Yes it does. It has a gasket on top, but it does not reach the top the hood. There is still a gap.

Yes it does. It has a gasket on top, but it does not reach the top the hood. There is still a gap.

So does the air somehow manage to get outside?

What do you mean outside? I dont understand the question. You will inevitably get some hot airwater from underneath the hood into the intake box which is open on top and is supposed ot seal against the bottom of the hood. But it doesnt really sealdon't.

What do you mean outside? I dont understand the question. You will inevitably get some hot airwater from underneath the hood into the intake box which is open on top and is supposed ot seal against the bottom of the hood. But it doesnt really sealdon't.

I think I read somewhere on here that the stock CAI does not let the hot air in as much as an aftermarket CAI. My service manager warned me about doing any suspension or engine mods on the Explorer. It almost sounded like they don't want me to come back in case I will need service.
This is why I am worrying a lot and thinking about installing an aftermarket CAI but I don't think that they will cover engine if it overheats and blows any part up relating to CAI heat. I just want some kind of sound out of this Explorer Sport, that's all. (stock power is enough here in the city), I just wanted do add some roar to it. Maybe a safer way is to add a full cat back exhaust system cause it will not affect the ecobeast's engine.

I think I read somewhere on here that the stock CAI does not let the hot air in as much as an aftermarket CAI. My service manager warned me about doing any suspension or engine mods on the Explorer. It almost sounded like they don't want me to come back in case I will need service.
This is why I am worrying a lot and thinking about installing an aftermarket CAI but I don't think that they will cover engine if it overheats and blows any part up relating to CAI heat. I just want some kind of sound out of this Explorer Sport, that's all. (stock power is enough here in the city), I just wanted do add some roar to it. Maybe a safer way is to add a full cat back exhaust system cause it will not affect the ecobeast's engine.

The stock intake draws from behind the grill, so yes, it is much better in that respect. Dealers don't like to see these type of mods. Some are more mod friendly than others and sounds like already know where your stands on the subject. Is something goes wrong with the engine they may very well blame it on the CAI, regardless whether it was the cause or not and deny coverage. The CAI is not going blow up your engine and it is not going to give you any power without tuning. A little more sounds, but far cheaper than a catback. On the other side, a catback would not bother the dealer and would not impact your warranty.

The stock intake draws from behind the grill, so yes, it is much better in that respect. Dealers don't like to see these type of mods. Some are more mod friendly than others and sounds like already know where your stands on the subject. Is something goes wrong with the engine they may very well blame it on the CAI, regardless whether it was the cause or not and deny coverage. The CAI is not going blow up your engine and it is not going to give you any power without tuning. A little more sounds, but far cheaper than a catback. On the other side, a catback would not bother the dealer and would not impact your warranty.

Aftermarket catback, I understand what you are saying but does someone manufacture catback with flops. They are suppose to be closed when not pressing gas pedal too much but then the flops stay open once the gas pedal is pressed more. GTHAUS has their exhaust make this x5 50 the sound that I would like to have.

Well, once you start looking for an explorer catback, you will realize that your options are very limited. Livernois for $1.4k or so and the Magnaflow that you can get for less than half (I would stay away from it unless you want to show off rusty mufflers). Granted, I last checked a year or so ago. Forget fancy valves. You'd be lucky to have a simple reasonably prices exhaust made out of 304 stainless. Demand for these parts for this vehicle is pretty small and thus, so are the available options.

Today, me and his hot mom raced each other for about 3 stop lights in Schaumburg (don't want to incriminate myself just in case for you cops out there :p).

She was driving a 2017 Sport and let me tell you that the @Livernois performance level 2 package and 3 Bar Map Sensor made a HUGE and CONSIDERABLE difference off the line and "at the finish" against a fellow XSport.

I really didn't appreciate the boost in shifting and power your XPlorer could have if tuned/done right. I am even more impressed now.

At the last light, we both shared laughs. We pulled over in a public parking lot and she asked what I did to my XPlorer. I shared all the information that I had done and told her to join the forums I was in.

I asked if I could take a picture with her and she politely said no thank you but was really cool. I hope she joins up! LOL

Sorry if this bores you guys but I thought it was pretty damned near. It to share.
IMG_2064.JPG

I am looking to do the same, all i have is my K&N drop in....

we only see 91 as an option around here in Costa Mesa Ca
Did your k&n drop in change the sound of the intake at all?

Today, me and his hot mom races each other for about 3 stop lights in Schaumburg (don't want to incriminate myself just in case for you cops out there :p).

She was driving a 2017 Sport and let me tell you that the @Livernois performance level 2 package and 3 Bar Map Sensor made a HUGE and CONSIDERABLE difference off the line and "at the finish" against a fellow XSport.

I really didn't appreciate the boost in shifting and power your XPlorer could have if tuned/done right. I am even more impressed now.

At the last light, we both shared laughs. We pulled over in a public parking lot and she asked what I did to my XPlorer. I shared all the information that I had done and told her to join the forums I was in.

I asked if I could take a picture with her and she politely said no thank you but was really cool. I hope she joins up! LOL

Sorry if this bores you guys but I thought it was pretty damned near. It to share.
View attachment 97524

Man, she left that blue oval Ford sign. She should have changed that to black before doing anything else.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man, she left that blue oval Ford sign. She should have changed that to black before doing anything else.
She might have a significant other who opposes such a move. I would know. My wife was all about me painting the calipers orange and tinting the tail lights, but I keep getting a 'no' in regards to painting the ovals. 'If Ford wanted them a different color they would have made them that way.' :(

Granted, it was a 'hard no' at first and I 'win' these things 99% of the time, so it's likely going to happen eventually, but I am having more luck talking her into a $600 tune than painting my ovals. :p

Back