• Register Today It's free!

got my 0-60 time measured today

QuadCam

Reaction score
City, State
Miami, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 V8 AWD Limited
Today, I borrowed a friend's G-tech meter. If you aren't familiar with this meter, it can measure g-forces for acceleration and braking. It will give you 0-60 and 1/4 mile times among other things. These meters aren't perfect, but it is a fun toy for getting some reference numbers.

at any rate, I made two 0-60 runs with the nitrous on. Both runs were made with the same 75 hp jetting. The bottle pressure was around 800 psi. (I really need a bottle heater.)

the 1st run was made by stomping the throttle from a dead idle, and then accelerating up to 60 mph.

the 2nd run was made by brake-torquing the engine. I held my left foot on the brake, brought the revs up to around 2200 rpm with my right foot. then i simultaneously floored the throttle with my right and side-stepped the brake with my left foot.

One final note was that I was carying an extra 300 pounds in passengers. (2 friends) that would put the weight of my explorer for these runs at 5100 pounds (4550# for the explorer, 250# for me, 180# for my friend, 120# for his girlfriend.) What a beast!!!

RESULTS:

1st run (from idle): 6.7 sec
2nd run (brake-torque): 6.5 sec

In the next couple of days, I'll try to get some non-nitrous numbers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you get two thumbs up Quadcam. you had your car only a week and you have put a exhaust and Nos on your explorer. you are one crazy guy speending close to a 1000 dollars in mods you first week of ownership. you will have a very fast truck in no time.

a honda civic si runs the 0-60 in 7.2 seconds i think. can you imagine the look you get when you beat a civic si with a "BIG INEFFICIENT AMERICAN V-8 SUV" haha thats awesome QuadCam!

thanks taco and troll

taco,

In another post about taking my explorer to the dragstrip last friday, I mentioned a short race that I had with an Integra Type R.

I was expecting to lose. we were already going 60 mph, and I had a half-empty nitrous bottle.

Man was I surprised when we both hit it. I stayed dead even with him. He did start to inch ahead by the time we hit 85 mph.

He was cool though. At the next intersection, he beeped his horn twice. then he turned at the light.

I am really starting to love this nitrous.

Andrew

how much was that nos kit and did u do the install yourself and is this a universal kit for efi

oops nevermind i read your other thread

Troll raced and beat a brand new Ferrari 360 Modena yesterday. from what i have heard it was a pretty cool race. the poor guys spent way to much money for that car. i bet he went home and cried after get beat my a explorer. the explorer spun tire but as soon as it stop spinning he shot past the Ferrari like he was standing still. by the way guys the troll will be dynoed on friday just to make you guys happy. we will not go to the track till we have the trans running right. we will all so do a before and after dyno run with the new computor.

That's great!!!!

I can't wait to see what kind of numbers the troll lays down on the rollers.

I once raced a 355 ferrari with my mustang. We were pretty much even until I got some traction. Then, I sucked the doors off of his ferrari. The guys was really cool, though. At the next light, I noticed that he had his 6 year old daughter with him. She said, "Daddy, I like his car." After her comment, I suggested to her father that we trade cars. :)

great kill Troll!!!!

i am hoping new tires,new sway bar, and a lowering kit will help me to win more races with the aid of better traction and control. i hope to see how your awd will run with a 347 some day. i would really like to seen it smoke all four tires. may be you can convince more people to put Nos on there trucks. it is a great tool it is there when you really need it. i only have my Nos for those fast car's like Lincoln mark VIII , and cobra's with Bringit on the tag hahahaha.

I check out the latest motor trend and they had a test of the 360 o-60 and quater mile. it goes 3.9 0 to 60 and the 1/4 in 12.3 at 112. i beat one of those. i wonder how fast my truck is at this point when it is not a full power yet.

I have a V-6 in my ride, with no nos, and I still do good, I'd like to find out the times on mine one of these days... I wiped a celica a few days ago, felt pretty good!

Jim

My 93 XLT smoked a Subaru Justy ECVT the other day!!!! Man I felt soooo kewl. Then at the next light a 99 TransAM.....smoked him too....Woops I guess neither one knew I was racing.. *LOL* Just kiddin guys. Obviously.

Troll.... 3.9? ~??~?~?~?

JESUS man what kinda set-up do u got on your engine? U sure he was actually racing you.....

trolls car is AWESOME. plain out amazing. hopefully my next x will be like his. i plan on buying an X without an engine and mod it out or just mod my current X to put a 347 in. troll would it be worth it to do a v-8 swap when i get high milage and convert my truck back to a street machine?

guys, looks like we got off on a tangent here, but anyway, quadcam, those are some pretty impressive numbers. cant wait to see what you run without all the extra weight in your truck.

Man are you guys lucky. I get killed my these little rice rockets all the time. I just want to be able to keep up with them. I need to change my O2 sensors, but that isn't going to make that huge of a difference. Just straight out i need a v-8. Plain and simple. You guys are awesome Troll, QuadCam, and blk mk8.

i beat a 18 wheeler yesterday. smoked him like he was sitting still! YEAH!!!!

I outran a CAT once... it was close though.

I once ran over a cat:eek: J/K

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I meant a Caterpillar bulldozer. I raced a cat once (furry cat)... he kicked my ass

Back