Got my 2014 Sport Friday | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got my 2014 Sport Friday

In the case of your new vehicle, it falls under the Federal recall. Dealers were directed to repair any such gas leaks pre-delivery, period.....failure to do so could result in a hefty fine if you persued this issue......This is pure disregard for your safety....Such Dealers should be held accountable.

It hasn't even been diagnosed yet....take it easy....

I guess I should have posted under a different thread so I apologize but thought I'd follow up. I brought it to the dealership and they need to replace the fuel pump and fuel line. Now I have a loaner. They need to get parts from US so it's going to be a week. Groan. I hope this isn't the start of more to come. It only has 250 miles on it. In the meantime I get to play with an Escape. Fun car.

Hi Kdear,

I'm glad that things are moving in the right direction; please let us know when your Explorer comes back home. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact my colleagues at Ford Canada directly; they can be reached at 1-800-565-3673.

Crystal

Sorry I over looked your reply.

"A 2004 Corvette that gets wax striped, clay barred, polished and waxed every year. Never gets washed as it is wiped down with high $$ detail wax"

Could you explain what striped wax and clay barred are along with the high dollar detail wax and how often you do these?

Sure - I'd be happy to.

I do this procedure once per year at the beginning of car show season, generally April.

I remove the wax from the surface of the car. Wax will build up and with continued detailing it tends to build. It does not take a lot of wax to protect your surface. I do a wash with dish soap to remove wax.

Clay Bar - when you clay bar the surface of your vehicle, you comtinue to remove dirt am impurities. It helps prepare the surface for the polish. You can buy clay bar kits in auto supply stores.

High dollar detail wax - is basically just that. Once you have completed the prep, polish and wax of your vehicle, you want to maintain the beautiful finish. To do this requirs simple steps. Always use a car duster before any rag touches the surface. To keep the shine and luster, you can use a detail spray. Maguire's is a popular brand. They also sell a detail spray, a detail way, etc. With a black finish, I like to use a detail wax versus a spray because the wax will fill in small surface scratches. A detail spray is nothing more than a cleaner. Now as far as the high dollar goes - I show my black corvette and I use a detail wax called C*Magic. More money than the popular brands but I like the results.

Check out Griot's Garage on line. I use a lot of their products. I have had people stand next to the hood of my vette and step back - they said the color was so deep they felt as if they could fall into it! WOW - thanks for the compliment.

I also had a black Avalance - that I ran through the car wash and had them spray on the Clear Coat Protection. The truck's surface looked nowhere near the vette - but it looked good despite the lack of elbow greased used! Hahahahaha I hope this helps answer your questions and enjoy your new truck.

I saw my dealer at a cruise-in last night and was told my 2014 Limited Exploer just came in - it is Triple Coat White and will go through Mike's Car Wash - I may have Ziebart to the surface protection - one car is enough for me to baby!

g

Thanks for the replies. Haven't got it back yet. Will let you know if anything interesting arises.

Back