• Register Today It's free!

got my 33s on!

SVO42

Reaction score
City, State
RV Nomad
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XL
I've had a 2" suspension lift for a year now, and I finally got a good deal on some used wheels ($125 for the set) and tires ($40 for 4). They went on my Ex this weekend along with a Lock Right. We're (my wife and I) getting ready for our local club's big event this coming weekend. I finished the fender trimming yesterday and they don't rub. The wheel specs are 15x8 15s w/ 3.75" BS, and the tires are 33x9.50s.

Here's a pic before with the 2" lift and the stock-size 235/75R15s. This was from our honeymoon in Colorado:

7-19-0664.jpg

Here it is with the 33s but the fenders not trimmed yet. I'm filling the diff with gear oil in case you're wondering:

33sonaddinggearoil.jpg

The Lock Right is in! It's the first time I've ever done anything with an axle:

LockRightisin.jpg

My wife kicks ass:

BethAnnmakessomeroom.jpg

I'll post some pics of the fender trimming in a day or two.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice work. looks a lot better with the 33's on there.

Not sure what is more exciting...the lift and 33's or seeing a woman with flipflops and a sawsall. You on BOTH counts are very lucky. My wife looked at this thread and was like wow....she's hot...and she has powertools. (My wife hates powertools)

I am loving the green Ex with blacked our rims man....love that combo. Tires and lift look amazing. The first pic was breathtaking too. Kick ass. Keep the pics comming.

33x9.50s ? what are they ?

yes I must know the company with these tires. I have the same exact set up as far as rims and back spacing even color of rims and truck combo.(only im running 31" MT's) Im also Orderin the 2" lift, is the the skyjacker 2"? I dont mind trimming. I must know more about the tires and such.

Thanks for the compliments on the truck and the wife, guys. Yes, I am very lucky. :D

As for specs, the tires I got used from another guy in my club (http://www.capitalcitycrawlers.com). They're some off-brand called "Trail Buster." At least that's what the sidewall says. For the front, it has 2" Skyjacker lift coils, and the back has Pro-Comp add-a-leaves and Warrior shackles. I'm not afraid of the Sawzall. It's a truck--not a show car. It gets me to work and lets me have fun, too. I don't care too much about scratches. It gets easier after you pop your offroading cherry by smacking into a tree. :cool:

I just hope everything goes well at our event this weekend, Fall Crawl. There's info on the website (link above). I'll probably add a 2" body lift next year and see if I can fit some 35x12.50s after that. :exporange

I'll post some pics after the weekend! Feel free to ask any more ?s. I'll try to get some of the trimming pics up tomorrow.

wow looks real good with the 33's

You still have your rear sway bar connected??????

Sorry about the delay in the update--things have been pretty crazy.

Yeah, I still have the sway bars connected. I'm lazy when it comes to doing that, it's my DD, and I've had the rear axle stuffed with it connected, so I'm not too worried about it.

Here's the trimming pics. There was already a dent behind the passeger fender, so I cut it out in pieces. I also cut the fender liner. It may not look pretty, but it works, and the tires haven't rubbed yet, even when I wheeled it last weekend (at least that I noticed :D ).

Rreartrim.jpg

Lreartrim.jpg

Rfronttrim.jpg

Lfronttrim.jpg

I trimmed the front fenders and my wife did the back.

I'll post a new thread about our weekend wheeling soon and link it here. :roll:

your wife cuts better then you lol. Are your rubbing inside the rear fender at full stuff?

What did you use to cut it? A Chain saw?

I cut the front with the Sawzall. I know it doesn't look good, but, like I said, there were dents there already that made cutting any straight lines damn near impossible. I used pliers and a hammer to bend the edges back so they wouldn't slice the tires. I still want to do something about the rears, but I haven't decided exactly what yet. I had a LOG wedged in between the tire and the fender. Things can happen then.

I'm not sure about rubbing in the back at full stuff with the 33s yet. I didn't this last weekend, but the only place where it could have I was stuck front and rear and it was at night. I would say they would a little with the axle completely stuffed, but that's just a guess.

SVO42 said:
I'm not sure about rubbing in the back at full stuff with the 33s yet. I didn't this last weekend, but the only place where it could have I was stuck front and rear and it was at night. I would say they would a little with the axle completely stuffed, but that's just a guess.
Disconnect the sway bars and you'll stuff the rear pretty easily.

Back