• Register Today It's free!

Got my exhaust priced.......

97XplorerSport

Reaction score
City, State
Niagara Falls, ONT
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer Sport
I went to a local exhaust shop that does really good work from what i've heard. They quoted me $400 Canadian to install my flowmaster 50 series dual in/out and tips that i just bought. He said they will use the good 2.25 stainless steel and not the cheap one. There going to take out the old muffler and start from there, he said he has to fab up a stainless flange to mount the muffler to the stock pipe. Then he will route the dual stainless pipes however i want, but he did mention that I would have to loose my spair tire for duals (is this true for a 97 Sport 4x4 SOHC?). Everything will be welded too.

So is this a good price for stainless? Should i just go with the normal piping since thats what the muffler is made out of? Thanks for any input.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is possible to run duals with the spare but it's hard to find someone willing and capable of routing around all the lines. I've found here that they'd charge $200-300 but said it would be more like $250. I don't know the conversion off the top of my head but looks like you're spending a bit over $300. Definately go for the thick stainless rather than thin walled metal.

Not a Sport, but is a dual setup from someone here (Can't remember who though). They should be able to run your second pipe in a similar manner.

Attachments

• pic7.jpg
    pic7.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 250

i just got duals done on mine with a cat back flowmaster 50 single in, dual out (OHV) and I kept my spare. Mine was $425 USD which is a little more than I wanted to spend but they were good guys and recommended. I do also have a 3" body lift though so that helped a bit. If interested I'll get you some pics of how they ran it.

Originally posted by Nick26
i just got duals done on mine with a cat back flowmaster 50 single in, dual out (OHV) and I kept my spare. Mine was $425 USD which is a little more than I wanted to spend but they were good guys and recommended. I do also have a 3" body lift though so that helped a bit. If interested I'll get you some pics of how they ran it.

If you don't mind i would like to see the pics. Thanks for the offer and replys so far.

I have a 99' sport and i want the exact same thing. i went n talked to the guy he said a FM dual in dual out with tips would be round 400. thats with tips but not with stainless piping. Right now i have a flow 40 with a Y pipe running into the single in/out muffler. Its loud n cool but i want more. Gotta have more and yea its just duals ya know? ima get it done soon as i get some money. i really wanna hear it though if u get it! post some clips!!

UPDATE:

I found a better shop. They just did my buddies dad's 69 camaro, there work is amazing, the pipes were bent perfect and eveything was cleanly done. He said to do my duals with stainless, it would be $300 Canadian plus whatever tips I want. Its going in next thursday.

sweet post some clips of it or at least some pics when u get it! :bounce:

Back