• Register Today It's free!

Got my Flowmaster super 40

ricaandjohn

Reaction score
City, State
sebago, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT 4.0 OHV
I have a 95 xlt 4.0 4wd and i just got this at my front door today! I'm excited! It has 2.25(off set)inlet and (center) out let. Its my first mod and I'm kinda cautious. I printed out mp88's "how to install a flowmaster Muffler (with pics)" how to thread to help me out.Says its also for the 2nd Gen. Is there anything else i need? (besides the tools and muffler fittings) Any advice? I've been on this site for a little while now and constantly learning! Thanks. BTW, kkm and monroe sensatracs also on their way...

100_0205.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think all u'll need are muffler clamps or to weld it, whichever you prefer. you'll probably need to get a piece of 2.25 in. pipe because the super 40 is way shorter than the stock muffler, if you can, cut the hangers off the stock muffler and tack them onto the new one.

finally finished! Only thing i'm concerned about is the sound. How come there's not a considerable difference from stock? I wanted it to be loud at idle and especially when you give it some gas and i'm not getting that. Hopefully i didnt do this and spend 100 bucks on nothing. Once again, any advice? Is the sound supposed to get better? If so, how long will it take?

Is it mounted backwards? hahahah :D :D :D

I keed I keed ;)

Thats the only thing i can think of...

flowmaster super 40's arent that loud on v6 motors

should have gone original 40

my tip for you. i have a 50 suv series and i havent run a pipe out the back yet... ouch. it's so loud in the cab. so make sure u bolt it to ur stock. o yea and u'll need an extention pipe cuz that stock muffler is way longer than the 44. did u make sure u didnt need the dual in single out?

I have the super 40 and it sounds great and load. If you still have the resignator cut it out (long fat tube looking thing past the muffler) cuz it make it sound like poop. Besides that let it break in and it should sound awsome.

I have the super 40 and it sounds great and load. If you still have the resignator cut it out (long fat tube looking thing past the muffler) cuz it make it sound like poop. Besides that let it break in and it should sound awsome.

thanks for the advice. I decided to give it sometime (like an hour trip to school) and on the way back, it sounded great! I was doing a search and everyone that has a flowmaster 40, complained about the "drone"...I LUV IT! I wish mine was a V8 though, so it can sound much deeper. Thanks!

where did you order your muffler through?

where did you order your muffler through?

Autoanything.com. With the muffler, the fittings, extension, clamps, it came up to like 100 bucks

oh alright thanks. So when can i get a chance to hear this super 40 on your ex?

what size fits the stock pipes. 2.5 inches or 2.25?

i believe it is 2.25 that fits stock but i could be wrong

what size fits the stock pipes. 2.5 inches or 2.25?

the stock pipes are 2inches and the muffler i bought the smallest size was 2.25. Thats why you can buy reducers and extentions at the auto parts store. I like autoanything.com cause they were very prompt and after your first purchase, you get an email that has a survey to save 10%.

Back