Got my wheel spacers today. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got my wheel spacers today.

The wheel spacers I need for my front end came in today. After running my 35x15.50 Swampers for the first time at the Arizona run I noticed the tierod was rubbing on the inside of the tire. It chewed through the sidewall pretty good, but there seems to be enough meat left to continue using the tire.

To alleviate the problem I purchased a set of 1" billet aluminum spacers from Performance Wheel & Tire. They run $50ea. If you're interested their address is: http://www.performancewheel.com/

Attachments

• spacers.jpg
    spacers.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,386

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well if it's any consolation things are going slower for my rig. We have to send the pumkin back to Dynatrac for re-work. Don't have an ETA for the radius arms either. Ain't this the pits:(

Have you gotton the shakes yet:)

Thanks on the rims.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Yep, I've got the DTs...

I took some photos of their shop and all the stuff going on there at once...

Attachments

• shop1.jpg
    shop1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 800

Attachments

• shop2.jpg
    shop2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 787

Attachments

• shop4.jpg
    shop4.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 769

Oh yeah... they also work outside :D At night the entire shop is filled when they pull all the trucks in.

How many times a week do you visit the pumpkin.:(
I try to go at least twice a week and take donuts to the crew and visit with the Navajo for a while. I'd go more often but it's pretty far from were I live.:frustrate

When both are better we have to plan 2 trips. One to Big Bear in Ca. and one to Arizona:D

oooo i see an Xterra and a Ram

I also go twice a week. I don't like to get in there hair.

FLY-N-HI

cool looking shop. wish there was one local around here in the Bay Area like that....

Hey Rick, they haven't figured out anything to do with those airliner jet engine nacelles they've got in the parking lot yet, have they? I wouldn't want them getting sidetracked on other projects while yours is on the rack, LOL.

Pumpkin is getting coil overs in the front.

Re: FLY-N-HI

Originally posted by soupbone
cool looking shop. wish there was one local around here in the Bay Area like that....

i havent found any..... and i have been looking too....the best we have is 4 wheel parts...... but tdavis did find a place in oakland that did his dana44 front axle converion

Cory's will be in a class by itelf:thumbsup: That's one awesome rig.

Man seeing that shop makes me miss my dads old shop. He had one about half that size for his construction business. I swaped out teh 4.9L in my old F150 in that shop and ever since then I have been spoiled by it. I no longer have a huge space like that to work with doh! :D

Rick Tell em they need a web cam in there to do updates on the rigs they are working on. Plus it would double as a security camera. :)

Funny you should mention the webcam Ryan. I just set up a message board for FLY-N-HI/FST. It's only for their internal use and will show projects as they are going along. They will take photos and put them in threads for each specific project.

They thought about a webcam, but I talked them out of it. I figured if they showed their customers a live cam it would just be asking for trouble. "Why aren't you working on my truck" etc...

Yeah:rolleyes: . <Rick calls shop midway thru seventh hour of webcam viewing>"why aren't you working on MY truck?"

You got it Bill :D I made that call from personal experience:D

Back