Got questions about my tuner, HELP!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got questions about my tuner, HELP!!!

Afboy143

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa,FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer Sport
I just got my tuner back from doug. I bought the tuner used and got it tuned for 93 torqe. I have been running 93 octane the past 3 gas tanks before I installed this tune so I know there is all 93 in there. Before I did the tune, i removed the gas pump relay under the hood and disconnected it on the passenger side under the dash. I did the tune and I went to go drive it and the shifts were a lot harder and it didnt feel any faster/more power. I disconnected the battery and am resetting it as I type this. What else could it be? Do I just need to drive around and let my truck get used to it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

reset the battery...still hard shifts...still doesnt feel better...any ideas?

Firmer shifts are normal for a flasher tune, did you also have your Rev limiter removed? is it gone?

not sure, just shipped to doug and said let me get the most popular 93 tune

After driving it at night it feels a lot better. I guess you cant feel much of a diff in 90 degree weather?

Als Right
Talk to your tuner, the PCM may need to relearn a few parameters over the next few days.
At the most you may pick up 10/12 HP, is hard to just feel, seat of the pants.

Thanks guys, I just didnt know if it might be something easily fixed. I emailed doug and we shall see!

Spindle, Al, how much harder did your tranny shift after you got it tuned? I can tell each gear it shifts into now...

Thats it? You can now feel the shifts? Its not slamming into gears?
Sounds normal to me!
Firmer shifts are not necessarily a bad thing or bad for your transmission, with performance in mind.....

Back