• Register Today It's free!

Got the Explorer Stuck

bigredexplo88

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer XLT
I was messin around today in the woods with the explorer and well, i was doing good puling through each mud hole and then i had made the decision to attempt to cross and small stream that actually sunk in when i drove over it, after trying and trying to get the explorer out and no other truck to pull it at the time i had to leave it in the woods for the night. however will be headed out bright and early to attempt to recover. i got someone thats gonna attempt to pull me out i will have pics tomorrow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alright Heres the pics

Actually had a hell of a time getting er pulled out. My Buddy used his dodge durango to pull me out

IMG00197-20100822-1055.jpg

IMG00198-20100822-1056.jpg

IMG00200-20100822-1145.jpg

IMG00199-20100822-1145.jpg

hahah nice, reminds me of when i had my 4 door

You make a great case for why not to have a safari/bull bar on a truck that actually goes off the road. :p: Glad it didn't cost anymore than a little pride from having a Dodge pull you out. I bet a tow truck would have been pricey! :eek:

yea not only the bull bar but with stock suspension too really need a suspension lift!!

o yea the bull bar didnt break from the front end hitting the mud but when i was being pulled out it actually caught traction while i was on the trottle launch and into a stomp i go. What can i say it was fun good times. i really cant wait for the lift though i may not end up doing the lift on this ex i have planned to buy one this winter with the 302:) so i can also have the power

What are those handle-looking things on your front fenders?

Wow...nice stuck pics. And Jason they too me look like the stick ons that LMC truck has in their explorer catalog.

Wow...nice stuck pics. And Jason they too me look like the stick ons that LMC truck has in their explorer catalog.

Figured that's what it was. Just had me curious because they looked like door handles at first, I was like WTF? :D

Bull Bar Repair

there handles that i can grab onto to climb out when im on my side:) not joking they are vents i got at advance auto, there was others on the hood that was just a lil bigger but i didnt like the look after installed and just pulled um off. I may remove the ones on the fender too when i get the chance. However i pulled the Bull Bar off tonight gonna take to to a buddys shop tomorrow to weld a new center bar, also while the bull bar itself is removed i may also beef the brackets up a lil since it is one of the "generic type" The type with the really flimsey thin metal brackets.

Heres what progress have been made so far.
IMG00207-20100824-2057.jpg

IMG00206-20100824-2057.jpg

Also i spent about 2 hours cleaning the mud off brackets, frame etc. under the ex and the interior (had the windows down watching the tires spin while i was stuck) Also have your ever had got a black eye from a flying mud chunk kicked up by the tires while having your head out the window? If so they you may be a redneck. lol

New Signature

I liked that last line so much i thought id put it on my Signature lol:D

yea, that is sigworthy lol.

This is why some of us hate mud with a passion. It doesnt really increase your driving skills, you end up with a more rusty vehicle, and clumps of crap falls on your face when you are unbolting a drivetrain component. So I'd stick to the rocks - more sense of accomplishment in the end.

Getting the underside of the car muddy is worth it. My 05's underside is cover with mud and I don't really care. Mudding is fun :D The worth it part is the fun you have while getting the car muddy. I don't take my 05 mudding often, but when I do, she likes to get very dirty, very muddy. And its watching the guy in the sedan out there behind willard bay get stuck that makes it even more fun (no joke).

And its watching the guy in the sedan out there behind willard bay get stuck that makes it even more fun (no joke).
Spreading discomfort and difficulty to others - I guess I'll add that to the list of why I don't go "mudding".

Its interesting what cars I see out behing willard near the mud pits, minivans, jacked up trucks with mud tires avoiding every centimeter deep puddle of mud, sedans, sports cars. Some people just don't know what their car is made to do :D
I want to buy my brother's 96 bronco, get it to be a mudding monster, then I can retire my explorer from the mud :D

Sorry for being ignorant, but what is a "willard bay" - is it an object or a geographical location?

Sorry for being ignorant, but what is a "willard bay" - is it an object or a geographical location?

Its a bay near the town of willard...its actually a reservoir and a bay by the Great Salt Lake, we (me and my buddies) go mudding to the south and west of the reservoir.

Willard Bay Location

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ah ok - well that explains a few things. Thanks.

Back