Got the old girl running pretty good. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got the old girl running pretty good.

SLAYERMIKE

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary, Alberta.
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer Limited
Got the new coils, plugs and thundervolt 8.2s installed and she runs so much better now... So we did some "testing".
Installed001_zpsc3b8d6c7.jpg
Installed002_zps6a90929e.jpg
Installed003_zpsf52b531b.jpg
Installed005_zpsc5d1b1b5.jpg
Maylong2013034_zps1a20375d.jpg
Newfaith024_zps9eb74c78.jpg
Newfaith020_zps2f071e53.jpg
Newfaith006_zps3673b463.jpg
Maylong2013129_zps2e36644e.jpg
Maylong2013105_zps5df71b5b.jpg
Maylong2013097_zps67640636.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice. What rack is that I've been lookin for a roof rack like that

Great thanks love the truck what size tires ya got thete

265/75R16 or a 32x10.50, just needed a little trimming.

Thanks! Yeah the Duratracs are awesome, money well spent. Here's some more pics...
dusty_zps0171259c.jpg
muddin1_zps64274bd7.jpg
muddin7_zps3e647354.jpg
:dpchug:

Couple more. This thing gets us to some pretty cool places for basically stock.
rivertruck15_zpsa681c5a9.jpg
sexytruck_zpsf43cb078.jpg
rivertruck_zps3a3044ba.jpg

Awesome shot with my Ex in it from last weekend! And yes that's a Centurion in the back ground as well!
Explorerwheelie_zpsbb27a06e.jpg

Got to go play in the snow and cut a Christmas tree.
DSCN2789_zps314c3a3e.jpg
DSCN2757_zps5f8e7918.jpg
DSCN2792_zpsa44ffe7c.jpg
DSCN2787_zps1d650793.jpg
DSCN2769_zpsc20cf87d.jpg
DSCN2764_zps6c624ec5.jpg

Dang, sweet Ex.
What lift do you have on that and how's that size tire? No rubbing?

Also, where did you hook up your recovery strap?
Do you have a hitch, or is it connected to the frame?
I don't have a hitch on my truck, and can't find a good spot for it on the frame in the back.

Thank you!
The truck is still stock height (probably a little lower actually lol) I did some trimming to get the tires to fit and could still use a little more in the back as they rub at full stuff but I'm really glad I went with that size.
I have no hitch. I put 2 shackles through holes in the rear cross member and loop a strap through the shackles, not the most ideal set up but it works untill we can get bumpers made up. I try not to get too stuck...

Thank you!
The truck is still stock height (probably a little lower actually lol) I did some trimming to get the tires to fit and could still use a little more in the back as they rub at full stuff but I'm really glad I went with that size.
I have no hitch. I put 2 shackles through holes in the rear cross member and loop a strap through the shackles, not the most ideal set up but it works untill we can get bumpers made up. I try not to get too stuck...

Hmm, can you show me a pic of how you did it?

I tried hooking up a tow rope to my frame.. It did not end well.
Others have told me to use the stock bumper and wrap it around the tow ball, but I think that's a stupid idea.

Yeah, I'll try to get some pics when I have a chance

Thanks bud.

man you never invited me, I want to do some winter wheeling. ive just been trying to find some time to do the clutch packs in my lsd. and maybe if you want to get some bumpers done we can get them cheaper if we get two!?

Sorry man, we just went out to cut a tree and get a little snow on the tires. I'll let you know when we want to do some actual snow wheeling.
I'm friends with Clay who owns EMF rod ends and steering components (formerly Evolution machine and fabrication) so I was going to get him to build some bumpers for me, might be a little cheeper if we get 2 of the same made up. He probably won't have time untill the spring though.

yeah that would be awesome. As long as I can have some tow points on the bumpers and they are strong I would be in for them!

yeah that would be awesome. As long as I can have some tow points on the bumpers and they are strong I would be in for them!

Oh yeah they'll have D-rings for shackles and be really strong, I want some bent tube. You need to check out some of the builds in that link!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey DJ, here are some pics of how I mount my strap.
I've been having some fun in all the snow and needed a pull the other day so I snapped a few :chug:
Strap001_zps3feb3847.jpg
Strap002_zps24f5bb8b.jpg
Strap003_zps39559615.jpg
Strap005_zpsb607bd47.jpg
Strap006_zpsd221a54c.jpg
Strap007_zps5afc3fbb.jpg

Back