Got Windows Tinted Window Gasket Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got Windows Tinted Window Gasket Question

spencer785

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 EB 4x4 V6
okay I just got my windows tinted yesterday and was wondering the gasket around the window/mirror is like half in and half out on driver side and all in the on the passenger side like theirs no gasket there. I have attached some pictures on the bottom can you tell me if this is right or is it supposed to be all in or all out or what. I cant put my windows down for 3 days so will it fix itself when i roll windows down or what. Sorry about the long description and probably dumb question.

nevermind the last window tinter said 3 days this time they said 24 hours so i waited the 24 hours and put the window down and the gasket just tucked in. But does anybody know how long you should wait before cleaning tinted window I heard like 3-5 days but not sure. Thanks

3-5 is right. I always let mine sit for a week, especially with a lack of hot sunny weather... No sense in rushing it- your windows can't be that dirty, are they?

the place were i got windows tinted the owner who installed my tint is suppose to be the best in Canada. And he said wait 24 hours which I did and put my windows down earlier tonight and they looked good but yes the windows are filthy. Especially at the top of window that u cant see, but that's because for some reason my windows always have like greasy marks on the top. When i had my tint done last time the windows had the same marks and stuff came off when i cleaned the window so hopefully its the same thing here. If not I will take pack and get it redone has a lifetime warranty. I will wait till Friday to clean windows which is 4 days so be enough time for it to really stick since he said to only wait 24 hours until putting down windows 4 days should be more than enough time before cleaning the windows.

Back