• Register Today It's free!

Gps/dvd

Peck

Reaction score
City, State
Mishawaka In
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 sport
i need some ideas on a decent but lowish price gps/dvd player for my 98 sport i would perfer single din i have switches under the radio price would be between 150-250 main things radio/gps/dvd let me know

mod if u want to move this plz do couldnt figure out how to do post somewhere else

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Generally anything that is GPS is going to be more expensive. With single din also can possibly jack up the price depending on brand. I have a double din pioneer avic d3 which has navi and I love it. It'll probably be more than 250 bucks but that's just my .02

ty for your .02 just seeing what is out there trying to avoid those ugly dash gps units

Thinking about it i realy dont care if it has dvd or not i want cd/gps/aux in /sub out and if i can usb hook up

no problem! check ebay man, they've got some good deals on headunits usually and who knows you might find one that you like. my rule of thumb though is you get what you pay for. if its a name brand such as pioneer, kenwood, alpine, etc. then you know you're in good hands.

The unfortunate thing about GPS units (especially used) is that the maps often are out of date to some extent. New maps can be very expensive. Personally I have best luck using my Android smartphone for GPS since it uses the up to date Google maps. I didn't spend much on the phone either, it was $60 brand new and I pay $40 a month for unlimited everything. Just a thought.

Brand name is important for sure. For the same price I'd rather have a used Clarion than a new Pioneer, but that's just my personal opinion. Read reviews on any unit before you purchase it. Older units will have more "seasoned" reviews from longer term users.

bump becuse i can

add-on gps unit can be bought for $100? but i always used my phone. u can get the phone holder (as seen on TV!) and mount to windshield...just a thought

Back