• Register Today It's free!

GPS Failure & Sync Master Reset

hbalek

Reaction score
City, State
Kensington, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Last night while driving home I had multiple problems: Intelligent Cruise Control Not Available message, GPS Navigation lost track of my location and I was either all over the map or stuck at my origin location, FordPass didn't update my last trip and would not connect anymore to lock/unlock or start. I did several soft resets of the Sync system and the problem with GPS and FordPass still existed. The intelligent cruise issue was resolved after restart. So I was forced to do my first ever Master Reset to factory defaults of Sync. This took several tries before it took effect. The Nav maps and GPS location were restored and so was FordPass functionality. It briefly lost track of my vehicle again today but was back on track in a minute. I did notice that touch screen responsiveness is improved after the master reset. The only thing lost were my SiriusXM Presets but alert notifications for favorite artists were still stored somehow. I'll update here if any problems return or reoccur. Also, if anyone else has had similar experiences, please reply below.

Are you using the stock Navigation? I have the issue where gps location will be off intermittently. Most times a reboot will fix it but not always. To add to the problem though is that Waze is bug ridden for me in carplay for the past two or three versions. lately I've noticed itll be stuck at my original location. i have to close the waze app and restart. i still haven't figured out the gps but recently did a "clear DR calib" in bezel diagnostics. i have an early 2020 and it's been off on gps since new but the problem is it's rare. if it's still wonky! I've bought a new antenna to try. Might also try an newer APIM calibration.

Are you using the stock Navigation? I have the issue where gps location will be off intermittently. Most times a reboot will fix it but not always. To add to the problem though is that Waze is bug ridden for me in carplay for the past two or three versions. lately I've noticed itll be stuck at my original location. i have to close the waze app and restart. i still haven't figured out the gps but recently did a "clear DR calib" in bezel diagnostics. i have an early 2020 and it's been off on gps since new but the problem is it's rare. if it's still wonky! I've bought a new antenna to try. Might also try an newer APIM calibration.
I've used Ford's Sync Navigation since 2010 on my MKZ then 2013 MKZ and have never had problems like this before! I never use Android Auto or Apple CarPlay Waze or any other app on my Explorer ST.

Back