• Register Today It's free!

Gps not working

Denmo

Reaction score
City, State
Oroville, ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 explorer sport trac
Have 2007 explorer with non working gps. Installed dvd update but no work. It shows my location in Mi. I am in California. Could it be a bad gps antenna?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have 2007 explorer with non working gps. Installed dvd update but no work. It shows my location in Mi. I am in California. Could it be a bad gps antenna?
i would doubt its an antenna. usually it has to triangulate within a bunch of satilites, so unlikely its that. have you tried resettng (ie disconnecting battery for >10 mins)

i would doubt its an antenna. usually it has to triangulate within a bunch of satilites, so unlikely its that. have you tried resettng (ie disconnecting battery for >10 mins)
Yes disconnected several times. Battery went dead so disconnected it and charged it. Now clock and calendar Don’t work. Diagnostic test says no satellites are detected. The dvd map works but gps doesn’t show exactly where you are. Says you are in Michigan insread of California. Tryed removing gps antenna but couldn’t find it under dashboard. Pioneer navigation unit

Yes disconnected several times. Battery went dead so disconnected it and charged it. Now clock and calendar Don’t work. Diagnostic test says no satellites are detected. The dvd map works but gps doesn’t show exactly where you are. Says you are in Michigan insread of California. Tryed removing gps antenna but couldn’t find it under dashboard. Pioneer navigation unit
not entirely sure let me think

Maybe it's trying to tell you something????

Sorry - couldn't resist :chug:
Maybe. Does 2007 explorer pioneer nav system have a gps module in unit???

If it is not receiving a gps signal, there will be a 'GPS' symbol w/ red circle w/ line through it in the upper left corner, right next to the NORTH indicator. The GPS antenna has a pink connector in the back of the radio, just above the black am/fm antenna connector. I'm not sure exactly where the actual gps antenna is located. I beleive MI is the default location until it acquires a gps fix.

If it is not receiving a gps signal, there will be a 'GPS' symbol w/ red circle w/ line through it in the upper left corner, right next to the NORTH indicator. The GPS antenna has a pink connector in the back of the radio, just above the black am/fm antenna connector. I'm not sure exactly where the actual gps antenna is located. I beleive MI is the default location until it acquires a gps fix.
really, mi? thats interesting! is it cause ford is based there?

That must be the reason. I have acquired a couple nav units, and they all default to MI without an antenna. I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to add nav and sync to my 2006 Limited. I've read several posts where others have done this, using a sync install kit for a Mustang. I wish I could reach out to those people, but all of the posts are over 5 years old, so they have likely moved on to a newer car.

I believe the GPS antenna is located behind the rear view mirror. It has two short antennas that are about 2" long.

Back