• Register Today It's free!

GPS Tracking question...newbie...

krinkov58

Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer
My pizza delivery fleet consists of two 1999 Ford Explorers...I bought GPS trackers to monitor my drivers in all the company vehicles after several incidents occured and I am curious as to where these devices could be hardwired in (I have the necessary wiring) where they'd recieve a constant charge because as of now I have to remove them and charge them for 5 hours twice weekly. Thanks guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...What brand and models are they???..:scratch:...Do you have a link??

If i was you i would make them to where they are in the glove box. Since there work trucks you dont really need that storage room. Run a constant that is fused from the battery and bam your in business.

I also would like to see a link to these babies

They're both called GPS SNITCH, I belive it's the only model they make.
www.gps-snitch.com is the company URL...trying to figure out a place to patch 'em in. Was thinking of right before a switch of some sort, it needs 12V DC, 1A.

...I can't tell much from what I found on that site...I did see a picture of the hardire cable though...

..If the wiring does not have a fuse already, I would pick up a fused lead wire at an auto parts store and then attach it like Burns had mentioned...

...I am surprised they did not include any "Hard wire" info with the kit...:scratch:

Back