• Register Today It's free!

Great deal on new tires

michael loibl

Reaction score
City, State
maywood, new jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 EB V6 & 2020 XLT
I just wanted to pass along if any of you could benefit... I just received a set of four New Goodyear Forterra HL tires 245/65/17 delivered to my door with free shipping for $348.

Local stores near me were asking $115 each, and tirerack.com has them for $118 plus shipping.

This offer is from Discount Tires EBay store. $448 - $100 discount code in the ad, and free shipping.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks man
I see that, good prices.
I see they have my tires too for $ 460 after discount (Coopers)
Even if you add $ 100 for mounting and balancing it's still over $ 200 less than what I usually pay for a set of 4 265-60-18's.

back in the day tirerack was the only place I could score 295/45/18's from at a good price ..... over half off and this is when they didnt charge me shipping.... $400 at tire shop $180 at tirerack.... but years ago they started charging more because of their research and reviews, deals now are really hard to find

My Forterra HL tires 245/65/17's arrived an hour ago. Won't mount them till spring, as I have full on snow tires on for now. First snow this week. Thanks for the tip, loibl.
B

Glad it worked out for you as well!
$87 each with free shipping means more money for beer. Mine are sitting in the loft at my job til I get a chance to mount and balance one night soon.

Do you guys carry the stock spare or do you get a spare to match the size tire you upgrade to?

I am still running the stock size, so not an issue, and last time I replaced tires, I bought 3 and Remounted the untouched spare so it would get used up before it ages out.
But even if I had a different size I wouldn’t be afraid of using the Stock spare for a short time periods

I am still running the stock size, so not an issue, and last time I replaced tires, I bought 3 and Remounted the untouched spare so it would get used up before it ages out.
But even if I had a different size I wouldn’t be afraid of using the Stock spare for a short time periods

my spare is the stock 245/65/17 and my tires are 235/65/17 and it makes driving very eventful..... so much awesome binding and popping noises!

That's a good deal. I have the same forterras, got them on amazon. For 110 each

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but I have these on my Exploder and I do not like them at all. In any slightly wet conditions they slip and slide all over the place, they are noisy and at 2 years old they have dry rot cracks between the treads. I have about a third of the tread left but I'm still replacing them now.

No rain in sunny socal :)

I had the current forteras on for about 5 years and 62,000 Miles. Very minor cracking on two of them, but nothing that concerns me. One of these days I’ll get around to mounting and ballancing the new ones that are still sitting at my work since early November. Probably do it the night before the first snow of the season

Back