• Register Today It's free!

GreenFoot Global

mcelwajy

Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Eddie Bauer
I am staunchly anti-Multi level marketing as IMO its just another name for a pyramid scheme. However, this one seems that it may be legit and a guy I work with is selling this stuff. Any thoughts? It's another of the too good to be true products...I think its BS.

http://www.greenfootglobal.com/comm...D=1&guid=CDD7EE12-2867-4B55-B373-5745538DAABA

"EnviroTabs® is an organometallic metal conditioner that acts as a burn rate modifier which catalyzes fuel." sounds like a crock of $hit to me...anyone use these?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This was one of the reasons for lead in gasoline. It could do what it says. Is it worth it? I'd have to be convinced of the economics. The cost is about $5 per explorer tank of gas. There are cheaper products that make the same claim. Redline's solution is $1.50 per tank. If your vehicle needs premium gas (Explorer's don't) you may be able to use such an additive (or octane booster) and use regular gas instead.

Well now I have my MLM obsessed grandparents pushing this product on me to become a distributor...has anyone used it, or know anyone who has?

I agree with the above that there are other additives significantly cheaper that more than likely do the exact same thing. A quick google search about them turns up a lot of doubt...thoughts?

Nothing you add to gas is going to make it burn better, outside of Tetraethyl lead. Some additives can change the octane, some can make it burn worse.... but most additives will just mean more stuff coming out via emissions.

Like Roadrunner said, there is a reason they used lead in gas, it worked. If these other things worked, they would use them in gas. You can't use lead in gas anymore because it pollutes a lot, it will destroy your catalytic converter and it will cause build up in your engine. Plus.... the price of adding lead.... well, they probably don't break even, but they needed it back in the day when engine tolerances and designs weren't as good, primarily for lubrication.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=1850036

Rule of thumb, if it is being sold by a multi-level marketing scheme, it is a bad idea.

To reduce your emissions buy something that doesn't use as much gas as your explorer, simple :). Most of these additive products for getting better gas mileage do not work and not worth trying.

Rule of thumb, if it is being sold by a multi-level marketing scheme, it is a bad idea.

That is not true at all. Amsoil comes to mind

However, on green foot's site is a "products" tab but only one product?

I agree that MLM usually spells scam...and in the case of these things I'm skeptical. Thanks for the input guys...

That is not true at all. Amsoil comes to mind

However, on green foot's site is a "products" tab but only one product?

Amsoil isn't really an MLM.... Sure you can become a distributor, but it isn't like you become a distributor, then have people sign up as distributors under you, and others under them. It is just a single level like a normal business. You have your wholesaler who sells things to distributors who sell them to the public. Only difference is that you don't generally have major retailers involved.

Back