Greetings and salutations

miamivalleyexpl

Reaction score
City, State
xenia. ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport Trac
Hi,
My name is Josh and I am new here. I own a 2x4 2001 Explorer Sport Trac with a stock 4.0L OHC, recently rebuilt 5spd automatic transmission, a .411 rear gear ratio and 225,000mi. I purchased this in 2006 and with around 50k mi. I've done my best to maintain regularly and it never saw road salt till 2010, but from then on till now.
It is cleaned inside and out and waxed more often than not. I am wanting to paint the lower plastic molding below the doors and also the bumpers. The Florida sun and Ohio salt have faded the color much from its original color. What recommendation could you offer?
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site, Josh!
Use Krylon paint for plastic on your side moldings and bumpers.

Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes

Welcome Josh.

Welcome to the site, Josh!
Use Krylon paint for plastic on your side moldings and bumpers.
Hi,
Is there any special pre-treating I should know? I've been unsure for a while about this project. "Everyone" over the last year has questioned if what I will do the area will not flake or peel. I don't mind a lengthy procedure as long as the juice is worth the squeeze. I do value your suggestions even while my brain spins with so much backed-up information.
Thanks again,
Josh

Back