Greetings from Hazel Helen Ford's owner | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Greetings from Hazel Helen Ford's owner

HazelHelen

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hazel Helen Ford is a 1994 Eddie Bauer Explorer, 4 cylinders. She has 260,000 miles and runs like a dream. I'm her 3rd owner.

First owner was an older woman who had her for 20 years and apparently maintained her well. Then a friend of mine was given HHF upon the demise of owner #1. My friend ran her hard for a couple of years but did a lot of maintenance, and then gave her to me 18 mos ago. She's been sitting parked while I have debated what to do about her persistent check engine light.

Some paperwork got mislaid, so I didn't get her title and switch her PNO to my name until just now. Next step is to take her down the street to the local tire/smog/repair guys to have them pull codes to evaluate her. The codes got wiped with the recent death of her battery, but should be in there now because it took no time at all for the light to come on again.

At her last smog check, under owner #2, the light was an issue but no cause was ever found and somehow she got passed. So I have inherited a little problema.

Her body is still in really great shape, and aside from the check engine light, she passed that last smog with flying colors. So now the fun is about to begin.

I am not a mechanic, BTW. But I do want to get this car usable. Heck, my mechanic says she's worth easily $1500 as is. Sooooo, let the fun begin.

Welcome to the forum. It's always great to hear about the high mileage Explorers. We have members with over 400,000 :D

Welcome.

Back