Searching for one
Hello hello,

Just want to introduce myself:
My name is Ryan Webb
I'm 28 years old
And currently residing in the Netherlands
I'm a ford fanatic, and have had a nice long history with them.:burnout:
I have decided that my next car has to be an Explorer,
therefor i have signed up here, to get some info, tips and tricks from you guys and gals.

I'm looking forward to having a nice time on this forum.

Friendly regards,
Ryan GJ Webb

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome Ryan! :wavey:

What year(s) are you looking for?

Hard to decide wich model, but i narrowed it down to the 1st and 2nd gen. model.

They both are about the same price over here.

My plans for it are: lift kit, some 33" tires, nice winch bumper and some other mods to make driving more fun.

I live in the country side and the car will be used as a daily driver and will be seeing some offroad several times a week due to my other hobbies :D

I'd say with those mods in mind, go for a first gen. they have a much better aftermarket than the 2nd gen trucks. Although, living in the netherlands, im not sure how expensive it would be to get parts shipped to your location from the US.

For what you're looking for, all of those parts are available for a 2nd gen, if you like the rounded styling better. I like the 2nd gen interior more, so it's all personal preference. I would check to see what it would cost to have parts shipped to you though- good advice...

Welcome.

I would check to see what it would cost to have parts shipped to you though- good advice...

Especially that solid front axle you've been thinking about...right?

Nah- a couple of innertubes, some twine, and a nice steady breeze and it'll get there eventually... :D

Back