Grey Beards 97 Mounty.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Grey Beards 97 Mounty....

Here's my starting point.......
Wife hit a deer. New fender on...
Pic's didn't line up like I wanted but anyways, got front fender painted, didn't quite match (NAPA paint) so will get some more tinted and try again.
Right now I've got a 3" BL
Kumho Road Venture MT 71 33X12.5 X15
Crager 15X10 D window/fake beadlocks
Flowmaster SUV dual 2.5 in/3' single out w/turndown
Next:
SOA have perches, just need to get 'er done
2" TT
4:56 or 4:88
Haven't decided on lockers yet. Would like to but $$$$$$$$$$$?????
Front skid plate
Still tossin' around some bumper ideas
Grill
ect...........ect..........ect

Thanks to all here for all the ideas and writeups.:thumbsup:
And I fixed my blend door for a few minutes work, thanks to the great article.
Later GB-out

Attachments

• 97 Mounty 002.JPG
    97 Mounty 002.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 451
  • 97 mounty 003.JPG
    97 mounty 003.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 455
  • 97 mounty 004.JPG
    97 mounty 004.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 463
  • 97 mounty 005.JPG
    97 mounty 005.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 476

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice transition! You could probably pick up a light bezel/grill pretty cheap on here...

Welcome to the mismatched fender club! :D

Beachtrip003.jpg

Any relation to Treebeard? :p:

I'm old...........and just maybe I drank to much.....

.......but, I sure had fun.
Kinda got into my homemade wine a little heavy today and decided to see how well the old Mounty liked the mud around the pond........she sure is a mess....but didn't get stuck......even climbed the pond damn a couple times.
I had three off my dogs with and they seemed to enjoy as much as I did.
I kinda like the 'cammo' effect....what do you think?

Attachments

• muddin 010.JPG
    muddin 010.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 416
  • muddin 001.JPG
    muddin 001.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 412
  • muddin 006.JPG
    muddin 006.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 419
  • muddin 004.JPG
    muddin 004.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 405

oh Hech ,,,,,,,,,,,and I even have a Mossy Oak Cammo chair......Ya got me ta thinkin'
GB-out

Grey beard good looking mounty.
If you want I could see if there's a mounty in the JY with a grille and light bezel and I could pick that up for you. I can probably get it fairly cheap too.

Thanks alot Ice, but I am trying to find one closer to home right now. Turdel may be on to one an I got another friend looking also. BUT! if none found close I will keep you in mind and again, Thanks alot for the offer. I just hate to bother anyone with the shipping and all that.
Thanks Bro.........GB-out

Alright, just thought I'd offer. I understand what you mean about the shipping. I know a JY around had a mounty like yours, when I was last there, so if you can't find any local, just let me know and I can get the part(s).

Hit another deer....stuck in grill....

Sorry kids..........:D

this one even lights up, and makes folks smile and wave when I meet them on the road.
Happy Hollie Days all
GB

Attachments

• PC160018.JPG
    PC160018.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 327
  • PC160021.JPG
    PC160021.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 342

Thanks Jon, good to be back, things are settling down some now.

Had the truck all cleaned up for a day then the grand kids needed a ride thru the creek!

Was a good time!

Great looking rig Grey Beard, excellent pond pic's and that deer in the grill a bloody classic:D

a night shot........

his little nose even blinks......

Attachments

• PC160022.JPG
    PC160022.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 293
  • PC160026.JPG
    PC160026.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 297

The perfect Xmas accessory.

Thanks Lynchy
BTW....I see you are from western Australia, I have read of lot's of rain that is taking out crops and this has kept our wheat prices high. Do you know anything about this? Don't really trust our news sources so it would be nice to get an eye wittness account. I grow wheat in central Kansas so what happens around the world affects me also.
Any imput would be greatly appreciated.....mate.
Thanks GB-out

No worries Grey Beard, right now were 1/2 way through the first month of summer and its pissed down every single day. Me mate works at C.B.H. (cooperative bulk handling) and he's had a fair few days off lately because the grains just trickling in. Its really been a ******* for the farmers, either rain knocks it off or stinking hot days result in bloody harvester bans, cant win. On a slightly different agricultural note, we've just had the first certified organic producer have his ticket revoked because of GM canola contamination. Even his cattle cant be sold as organic because they've grazed the contaminated land. Looks like the organic diversification bubble that helped alot of blokes out of the s*** during the hard times has burst. Have a good one mate and all the best for next season. p.s that home made wine sounds alright!!!

Back