• Register Today It's free!

Grill Guard/Safari Rack

Beausdad

Reaction score
City, State
High Point,NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 XLT
2003 XLT - I saw the previous post on bigapple and trucku's grill guards, but I am interested in a heavy duty bull bar that I can mount lights on. Anyone have one and can supply photos?

Also want a Safari Rack that I can mount lights on. I am going for a more utilitarian look. Not into the cruiser look. Although the work that some of you have done looks very nice.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well for the bull bar, i think westin has one for the explorer... search the web and u can prolly find one

look at my cardomain page i think thats the kinda rack ur lookin for

The safari rack,lift and wheels are what I want, but I don't want the full grill guard across the front. I should have done more research before I picked up the '03 Expy. Indy front/rear suspension means no available suspension lift kit yet. Don't want body lift. I think bigapple is right about Westin, but I'm not having any luck finding it. I went to some website and on the finder page it allows you to click on a photo of one, but when you actually open it it says,"no application for your vehicle."

I had this same problem with an old Yota I had. I bought the one year that you couldn't find crap for. Your rig is awesome though. Glad another 4 wheeler has been found on here. The hooptys are nice, but not my style.

neonarc you are my new best friend. I guess I was being too specific with my search on ebay cause those did not pop up at all. That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks man.

neonarc you are my new best friend. I guess I was being too specific with my search on ebay cause those did not pop up at all. That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks man.

No problem; glad to help out

Actually, I searched for "bull bar 2002 explorer" in Google. I am looking for something like that, too. I just need something to give the X some attitude but don't care about the functionality of it. Besides, I think the bull gaurds look a lot cooler than the complete grill gaurd, IMO.

Definitely need more redneck-ittude

I am with you. I look at all the photos of the guys on here who are able to lift and neck up their trucks and I am jealous. Went from a 95 Bronco EB to an '03 XLT and can do anything with it. Have to accessorize my truck to feel more like a man driving it. How much of an oxymoron is that.

No problem; glad to help out

Actually, I searched for "bull bar 2002 explorer" in Google. I am looking for something like that, too. I just need something to give the X some attitude but don't care about the functionality of it. Besides, I think the bull gaurds look a lot cooler than the complete grill gaurd, IMO.

Nice rig ............

There is a huge play area for 4 wheelers off the side of 85/29/70 up here somewhere between Lexington and High Point. You can't miss it. If you are headed North it will be a big clear area of bogs and such that looks like a blast. You should bring your beast and have some fun.

look at my cardomain page i think thats the kinda rack ur lookin for

Back