grilles???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

grilles????

silvermelon19

Reaction score
City, State
Waldorf MD

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

But now i see that it says it goes right over the factory grille insert, How is that? wouldnt u have to take off the grille to put on the billet?

It depends on the bar thickness. On 2nd gens, the overlay is about 1/4" thick (front to back), whereas the cut-out & install unit is about 3/4-1"

Generally, overlays are nylon-tied to your existing grille

so for a 93 like mine, i might have to take off the factory grille or i might not have too... wouldnt it look funny putting it over top of the factory grille???? i guess i still dont get it

while you're browsing through the forum, if you see someone with a 1st gen x with a billet, PM them...i'm not real sure how the 1st gen factory grille is set up to offer more advice. Also, you could try eMailing the seller and ask them.

hey sliver melon,

i have one on my 1st gen and it looks sharp. just take off the factory grille. its easy. the one i bought the top brackets lined up with factory holes, then i just used self tapping screws into the lower valance. for the factory grille removal you just take off some screws on top, then the bottom has some clips on the lower middle part. PM me if your confused and ill try to explain it better, or ill email pics.

Back