Grinding noise rear right brake/wheel area | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Grinding noise rear right brake/wheel area

Shane.

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer limited
So about a week ago I noticed an intermittent grinding noise coming from the rear right of the car, it seemed to go away after a while so I figured it was something stuck (they use a lot of grit and sand on the roads here so this happens a lot) however now the problem seems constant it’s louder when braking, don’t know if this could be a pad issue as it’s all the time or maybe a wheel bearing? Going to try and take a look tomorrow not the weather has warmed up a little but any advice would be appreciated

I did do a search before and saw the issue but wanted some clarification, I took the wheel off last night and it does look like the piston was stuck and the pad/disc are worn badly. It goes to ford today for the rear toe link recall so will see how much it is to get them to change the pads and discs while I’m there, hopefully I don’t need a new caliper too

I did do a search before and saw the issue but wanted some clarification, I took the wheel off last night and it does look like the piston was stuck and the pad/disc are worn badly. It goes to ford today for the rear toe link recall so will see how much it is to get them to change the pads and discs while I’m there, hopefully I don’t need a new caliper too
The pads are free so don't let them charge you for them. Ford Offering Free Motorcraft Brakepad Replacements To Customers

Peter

Back